Single Parents

On my way!

Thanks to all of you for the supportive comments over the last week or so.  I just want to give you an update - today I met with a woman at Harbor House, our local home for women and children in domestic abuse situations.  She gave me a bunch of numbers to call for economic support, WIC, food stamps, divorce lawyers that do pro bono work, etc.  I feel slightly like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.  As much as I hate to be "living off of the government," I know it's only temporary and it's for a good reason.  Single parenthood - here I come :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: On my way!

• Good for you!! Programs like that are for women in your situation. You use them to help you get back on your feet and then you can pay it forward. Maybe one day you will be able to volunteer or counsel women in similar situations. I am very proud of you for taking the first step!

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm glad you took the necessary steps for you and LO.  Good for you!  You have the right attitude about assistance: you will use it while you have to and you realize it's only temporary.

FYI: I get WIC.  It's been a humbling experience but it DOES help.  P drinks a ton of milk and it lets me get cheese, peanut butter, bread, cereal, etc. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am also humbled by WIC. Things are there for your help, and when you need it, you need it! Good job on taking the first steps.
  • Good for you! I'm glad to hear that things are moving in the right direction for you and that you were provided with resources that can help. Don't feel at all bad about taking advantage of them -- that's what they're designed for!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm sure that as a tough first step! Be proud of yourself, and take advantage of every resource to help you get on your feet.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • So proud of you! You're an amazing woman.
  • Thanks everyone :)  Of course now that I did that, I have to let myself adjust for a few days before I can take the next step or I'll freak myself out and change my mind.  I don't want that to happen.  Baby steps, I guess :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"