Military Families

Hello from Ft. Bragg!

My name is Ali, I'm 24, and a SAHM/Student. I'm new to this board, and a new-ish Army Wife. So far, I think I've adapted pretty well. (Hurry up and wait, anyone?! haha) DH enlisted before we got married, so I knew (mostly) what I was getting into.

Ft. Bragg is our first Duty Station, and we (and by that, I mean "I") got here in July. (Hubby came home from Afghanistan in August.) I've gotten great help from other wives all over the world, and I figured one more board wouldn't hurt. Especially here, because I'm expecting our second child. 

Our DS was born before he joined the Army, so the military/Army medical system is very new to me. It hasn't been a "bad" experience, per se,... but I will say very strange. 

Just wanted to introduce myself here, and hope that I can be of some help, and can get some when I need it! I hope everyone has had a great Holiday season. =)

Photobucket

Re: Hello from Ft. Bragg!

• Hi! DH is stationed at Pope! We just PCS'd here about 2 weeks ago!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi there!

We were at Bragg for most of the last 5 years. Womack is possibly the best MTF around, so it's a pretty good place to deliver, as long as you're not due 9 months after one of the BCTs came home. :) FWIW, I loved two midwives at Womack more than the rest: MAJ Terwilliger and MAJ Tom (Johnson? Always went by Major Tom). This was in '07, so who knows if they're even there, but they were terrific.

And if you want a doula, Doris Ann McMurray is the best one around. Just amazing, and a pretty good deal (especally compared to the ones up here, which are 2.5 times as much!). DH was deployed at the time, but after the great experience with her, we're hiring a doula for this birth when DH will be here. If you can't get her info through DONA.org, PM me for her phone number.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
    221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLithigin:

Hi there!image

We were at Bragg for most of the last 5 years. Womack is possibly the best MTF around, so it's a pretty good place to deliver, as long as you're not due 9 months after one of the BCTs came home. :) FWIW, I loved two midwives at Womack more than the rest: MAJ Terwilliger and MAJ Tom (Johnson? Always went by Major Tom). This was in '07, so who knows if they're even there, but they were terrific.

And if you want a doula, Doris Ann McMurray is the best one around. Just amazing, and a pretty good deal (especally compared to the ones up here, which are 2.5 times as much!). DH was deployed at the time, but after the great experience with her, we're hiring a doula for this birth when DH will be here. If you can't get her info through DONA.org, PM me for her phone number.

I've heard nothing but great things, thus far, from just about everyone I've met who's delivered at Womack. I think the thing I'm most excited about is that they will support my wishes, as long as it's viable, for a VBAC. (Civilian facilities who support that, back home, were hard to find!)

I finally just started seeing the OB/MW's and Maternal Fetal Medicine office there, so I haven't gotten the names of everyone straight yet. No complaints thus far. My 16 week appointment is on the 7th, though, and I'm all geared up. We also just scheduled the 20 week anatomy scan for the 1st of Febuary, so I'm getting excited. 

We aren't going to be hiring a doula, but thank you for the information! I'll try to remember the names you gave me, and I'll let you know if they are still there. I'll be sure to tell them you gave them awesome reviews! ;-) 

As to the 9 months after the BCT got home... bwahaha... I may be screwed! =/ The last round of 4th BCT just got home at the end of August... (my husband)... and we got pregnant at the end of Sept! Whoops! I think there are at least 3 or 4 other women in our Company alone who are expecting... and I know about 3 other women I've met in various ways who are also here that are expecting within a month before/after me! Oh boy! This should turn out to be very interesting indeed! 

Photobucket
  • imageaubz2007:
    Hi! DH is stationed at Pope! We just PCS'd here about 2 weeks ago!

Well welcome to the area! I'm still learning the area myself. haha. I hope you end up liking it as much as I have come to. (When I didn't think I would like it at all!) =) 

Photobucket
  • imageaubz2007:
    Hi! DH is stationed at Pope! We just PCS'd here about 2 weeks ago!

Well welcome to the area! I'm still learning the area myself. haha. I hope you end up liking it as much as I have come to. (When I didn't think I would like it at all!) =) 

Photobucket
  • Hello Ive been here since September and im lonely!!! Hello Hello Hello! How do I meet new people, ive signed up for my first FRG introduction information, and i do plan on taking my lo to play mornings but besides that what do I do!?!?!?!? Wishing you the best of luck!!! Welcome

• I am a SAHM too! DH, DS and I just got here last week!  I live off base, but I would love to host a playgroup at my house for any other new mommas who would like to make new friends!  PM me if you are interested!
    BFP#1 - 10/09, DS born 6/17/10 BFP#2 - 09/12, EDD 6/6/13, MMC 10/31/12 @8w5d, D&C 11/30/12 Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"