LGBT Parenting

TTT

Re: TTT

• I have never known what the ten things are supposed to be about.  Please explain.
  • It is Ten Things Tuesday...

People just post 10 random thoughts/things.  You can look back to previous weeks to get an idea of the things people post! :)  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. OMG! Look at me! Replying to a post in a timely manner!!

2. It's not that I am sooo busy I don't have time to post.  It's just that with our computer in the office (basement), which is Henry's least favorite room (LOL), and Henry's strong distaste for Mommy staring at that bright colored box... Wink He is napping now!

3. We have a lunch date today with a childhood friend of mine who also turned out to be gay! How fun!  Aside from gay thing, she was a great friend and I am excited to reconnect with her.  Worth trekking out in the snow for sure!

4. Not snowing today - but it is still kinda crazy out there.  C went to work today and told me that the MAIN ROAD still has snow on it. 

5. We had such a fun first Xmas with Henry. He is now a professional gift unwrapper!

6. I am listening to an old Neko Case album (new to me!), which was a Xmas gift... Love, love, love.

7. C got me a statue of an artichoke (long story) and a GC to the SPA for Xmas!! "Me time" here I come!!!

8. I have been eating a lot of cookies.

9. I would like to be eating a cookie right now actually.

10. In spite of the cookies, I discovered this week that I fit in my pre-preg pants!!! AHHH!!! More than anything, I am relieved that I do not have to spend the money on new pants after all! LOL  Today was the first time I tried my favorite old jeans...wearing them now! Wahoo!!!!!!

Bonus 11: Really, really wish my ipod would recognize the bump boards so I could post more often. 

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 1.  My genius plan of hiring a plow failed miserably when the guy got stuck getting up our driveway, slid into the rock wall smashed his tail light, cursed us out, plowed us IN, and charged us 40.00!!  Awesome.

2. guess we are not giving my sister the snow blower after all

3. my driveway kind of sucks

4. My beautiful wife spent HOURS shoveling us out of the plow pile after I got the snow blower stuck in a 4 ft drift and went in the house in tears, she is wonderful.

5. I got a new pair of Bear Paw boots for Christmas!  Now I have one light and one dark and I will wear nothing but for the next 3 months!  

6. I also got a pair of whale rain boots

7. Being 5'1 I wear a lot of boots to keep my pants off the ground

8. I am excited for the 2 BFP's that were announced over the weekend and for Boston Gay Gal to go in for her IUI! 

9.  I am 7dpo today

10. My wife is 5 dpo today (surprise!) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you!  I had started a list but then wondered if there was a subject I wasn't aware of.

1) I have been really struggling to work - like, really work from home for the first time in years.  Really struggling.  Grr.

2) I have no idea how I will be getting rid of the old tube television currently on the chair in the living room.  CL?

3) I had felt a major weight off of my shoulders for the first couple of weeks during this 'break' month.  Then I went into a major funk.  

4)  I am nervous about the iui because I haven't been doing all of the careful ocd things I usually do each month, like acupuncture and such.

5) I also feel weird about it because I am, um, more groomed than usual because I was going to be in a swim suit.  That is a bit awkward.

6)  I uncovered my wife's car but not mine and I need to go out and do that.

That is all for now. 

• 1. LO is doing great at daycare! She just started a few weeks ago and we did a trial period and the DCP said she's doing so well, so she's there full-time now!

2. Being at daycare has done wonders for her STTN. They must really wear her out!

3. I was able to reduce my $750 textbook bill to $200 just by renting a few and not buying the others from the school.

4. I'm getting excited for my new quarter to start! This one will be really tough though

5. I get to take a hematology class- poking people with needles is one of my favorite things :) hehe

6. I feel like its the first day of kindergarten or something! I'm so excited, especially considering I've been going to college part-time for almost 5 years on and off Surprise

7. I think most of it is that I'm just super excited to be so close to being done.

8. I'm not one to air my dirty laundry online, but seeing as this TTT has been all about school and I'm totally only thinking about something else: B and I got into a huge fight last night that resulted in her leaving. And I think leaving me for good.

9. She waited until LO was overnight with grandma and grandpa to unleash on me. I still have no idea what happened to set this all off.

10. I lied, I do know. B wants to TTC but doesn't want to carry, she wants me to. I'm not ready because I just gave birth 7 months ago, don't even have my body remotely to where I want it before carrying again, and I'm not sure how I would handle the emotions of TTC. B calls me selfish and told me that if I wanted choices, I should have stayed with XH and made up excuses with him (her words, not mine)

Bonus 11: I spent the night with my friends Vodka and christmas cookies and have a massive hangover today because of it. My mom offered to take LO to daycare this morning for me and I'm so glad. I'm ashamed of having such a huge fight, and I'm more ashamed that I spent the evening inebriated, and I just can't bring myself to tell my mom what happened.

Ugh. Bummer day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. I love BostonGayGal's siggy pic, it makes me happy.

2. Last night I finally figured out why I have been having such a rough time with CB...she's getting 2 teeth on top of having an ear infection.  A little Anbesol solved the problem immediately!

3. I caught a cold and it looks like it's sticking.  Sore throat and ears, cough, achy body = not fun.

4. CB goes home tomorrow but we aren't sure what time, we want to take her to the San Diego Zoo but are hesitant to plan it until her FM calls.

5. If CB has to leave early in the day than we are taking A to the California Science Center in LA.

6. I'm craving vegan shepards pie.  Mmm.  If I have the ingredients that's what's for dinner.

7. We watched Eat, Pray, Love last week, awesome movie.

8. J and I want to take Bachata lessons.  See the video here.

9. It looks like today is going to be sunny, maybe I should sit outside and read a book while CB naps.

10. CB's bio mom calls everyday to check on her, I need to get ahold of a SW and ask if that's ok for her to be doing.

• Butter and Jean, you are very sweet.  Sugar, I am worried about you.  What needs to happen next?  Do you have any sense of what you want to have happen?
  • 1. I think my 4y old is smarter than I am. Last night he did a reversible 208 piece puzzle all by himself in less than 45 minutes.

2.  I am trying to decide if I want to change my plane ticket to Orlando. It is already paid for, but I could save $40 by booking a Jet Blue flight and then use the original ticket (Southwest) for when we go see my ILs in April (and then we'd just have to buy 2 tickets since L has a free one and mine will be paid for.) Hmmm. Probably a no brainer.

3. I am SO excited to go to Florida. I am trying to figure out how to break it to my BFF that I want to stay in a hotel and not with her (and her crazy ass MIL who lives with them.)

4.  I love Rosie Radio on XM/Sirus. I generally think she is kinda obnoxious, but I like her radio show.

5. My wife spent 8 hours yesterday decluttering/deep cleaning our house. Sadly, we still have a long way to go. But it looks much better (and I didn't freak out with the change...I am not good with change!)

6.  I am sorry some of you got the blizzard. But after last years 40" storm, I don't want to see snow ever again.

7.  I am tired of the cold. 23 degrees with the wind blowing 30-50mph is not my idea of fun. I like chilly.Not cold.  Next weekend is supposed to be 50 degrees! Break out the bathing suits!

8.  Speaking of bathing suits, my kids are going to camp this week at our gym.  They spend 8 hrs playing gym games, going swimming, and running around. Last night, they were passed out cold at 7:30! Whoo hoo!

9.  I love traffic this week. If only it were like this all of the time. I made it home in 30 minutes last night (normally an hour.)

10. I think someone got McDonalds take out. All of a sudden the pungent odor of grease wafted into my office. I like Mickey D's....but it smells gross.

• Sugar - I'm so sorry to hear about your fight with B.  FWIW, I don't think you are selfish at all. The fact that she said if you want choices you should have stayed with XH kind of pisses me off (and I don't even know you!).  You (and your uterus) are not there to be at her beck and call.  You do have choices.  If you don't feel ready to TTC again she needs to respect that and work on a timeline you are both comfortable with.  Good luck hun! ((Hugs))

1. JB's daycare is closed so I went in and cleaned it.  Scrubed all the toys, shelves, counters, etc.

2.  Tomorrow I will work on the floors.

3. Don't ask me why I felt the need to clean the daycare, it's along story, but it feels good to have done it.

4. K's family started arriving in town last night.  I'm excited to have family here.

5. Because there is family at the house today I'm hoping K will get a lot of little projects done so there is less for me to do later :-p

6.  It's noon and I've already eaten my lunch.  I think I should go find something else.

7.  TMI but my period has finally returned.  I had a glorious 18 months period free.  Oh well, part of me was geeked out knowing my body is back on track postpartum and that TTC in the future would be an option (way, way, way future).

8. Last night my neighbor threw out a perfectly good baby swing, excersaucers and bumbo seat w/tray.  I took them all, cleaned them, and brought them to JBs daycare (it's a non-profit parents often bring in hand-me-downs).

9. Is it time to go home yet?

10. Maybe eventually I'll get that FAQs post put together Embarrassed

• Sugar - I'm so sorry to hear about your fight with B.  FWIW, I don't think you are selfish at all. The fact that she said if you want choices you should have stayed with XH kind of pisses me off (and I don't even know you!).  You (and your uterus) are not there to be at her beck and call.  You do have choices.  If you don't feel ready to TTC again she needs to respect that and work on a timeline you are both comfortable with.  Good luck hun! ((Hugs))

1. JB's daycare is closed so I went in and cleaned it.  Scrubed all the toys, shelves, counters, etc.

2.  Tomorrow I will work on the floors.

3. Don't ask me why I felt the need to clean the daycare, it's along story, but it feels good to have done it.

4. K's family started arriving in town last night.  I'm excited to have family here.

5. Because there is family at the house today I'm hoping K will get a lot of little projects done so there is less for me to do later :-p

6.  It's noon and I've already eaten my lunch.  I think I should go find something else.

7.  TMI but my period has finally returned.  I had a glorious 18 months period free.  Oh well, part of me was geeked out knowing my body is back on track postpartum and that TTC in the future would be an option (way, way, way future).

8. Last night my neighbor threw out a perfectly good baby swing, excersaucers and bumbo seat w/tray.  I took them all, cleaned them, and brought them to JBs daycare (it's a non-profit parents often bring in hand-me-downs).

9. Is it time to go home yet?

10. Maybe eventually I'll get that FAQs post put together Embarrassed

• 1. Hey! I'm here and posting! Yay! Work has been crazy lately, home has been crazy lately... and it still is, but I have a few minutes of downtime, so here I am. 

2. Just read that Elton John & his hub, David, just had their first baby and named him: Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John. Can I just tell you how much I love that name because it is a real name and not some made-up crap like many celebs have been using lately? (ie. Zuma Nesta Rock, Ever Gabo, etc).

3. Okay, now I feel a little judgey... and clearly I'm not necessarily a fan of the top 100 baby names, but sometimes it seems like celebs are so intent on "different" that they become ridiculous. I like unique while still being easily identified as a name. 

4. On a completely different and sad note, the pres of my company passed away on Christmas night. He was a wonderful man, and as we have only a dozen people in our office, it was upsetting to say the least. His service was on Sunday and it was lovely. We closed yesterday in his honor. Being back today feels weird. It is not going to be the same without him, and I wonder what the future for our company looks like. 

5. Some of my coworkers and I are going to visit his wife (also a coworker) today. She is sitting shiva all week. This is going to be hard. 

6. One of my closest friends has her big ultrasound next week and I am so excited to find out what my godbaby is going to be! 

7. Yipes, this list is really up and down emotionally?! I guess that is just how my life has been recently. 

8. I know I need to get work done. We're closed Thursday and Friday for the holiday, plus the closed day yesterday and the leaving early today, my week is only a day and a half! But I'm having trouble concentrating on anything. 

9. I got a pair of Joe's Jeans from my ILs for Christmas... and I'm ridiculously excited about them. They are the most expensive pair of jeans I'll ever own, and weighing things out, they are probably the most decadent item of clothes I've ever owned.  (I'm not saying that right, but basically, while I've spent more on items, its because they just cost more in general. KWIM?)

10. I'm about to get some lunch... so off I go. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • imageTwo*True:

Sugar - I'm so sorry to hear about your fight with B.  FWIW, I don't think you are selfish at all. The fact that she said if you want choices you should have stayed with XH kind of pisses me off (and I don't even know you!).  You (and your uterus) are not there to be at her beck and call.  You do have choices.  If you don't feel ready to TTC again she needs to respect that and work on a timeline you are both comfortable with.  Good luck hun! ((Hugs))

I totally agree. Best of luck and I am sorry this happened.

• imageTwo*True:

Sugar - I'm so sorry to hear about your fight with B.  FWIW, I don't think you are selfish at all. The fact that she said if you want choices you should have stayed with XH kind of pisses me off (and I don't even know you!).  You (and your uterus) are not there to be at her beck and call.  You do have choices.  If you don't feel ready to TTC again she needs to respect that and work on a timeline you are both comfortable with.  Good luck hun! ((Hugs))

I totally agree. Best of luck and I am sorry this happened.

• imageMeegs10.13.06:

2. Just read that Elton John & his hub, David, just had their first baby and named him: Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John. Can I just tell you how much I love that name because it is a real name and not some made-up crap like many celebs have been using lately? (ie. Zuma Nesta Rock, Ever Gabo, etc).

4. On a completely different and sad note, the pres of my company passed away on Christmas night. He was a wonderful man, and as we have only a dozen people in our office, it was upsetting to say the least. His service was on Sunday and it was lovely. We closed yesterday in his honor. Being back today feels weird. It is not going to be the same without him, and I wonder what the future for our company looks like. 

#2 - I had the same thought! Seriously, I was like "Thank you for giving the child of two queers a normal name. No need for the public to think we're weirder than we are." Wink

#4 - I'm sorry for your loss.

• imageTwo*True:

I couldn't have said it better.  It is horrible that she would bring up your XH and it is YOUR body.   

• 1. I am sorry Sugar had such a rough night.

2.  Both E and I are sick and it stinks.

3.  My wife let me sleep in today and yesterday since I have been feeling like poo.

4.  I seriously thought we were going to have to bring E to the ER during the blizzard.  Her breathing was really bad and she was retracting.  She was better yesterday but is a little raspy today.  I think we are calling the dr when she gets up from a nap.

5.  E has been sick so much this fall/winter it makes me sad.  I wish she didn't have to go to daycare and we could afford to have a nanny. 

6.  E has not gained much weight since her 12 month appointment and I am getting a little worried.  She was 20lb 4oz (naked) in July and 21lb 8.5oz (with clothes) last week.

7.  I know that is is ok since she is finally over the flu after 4 weeks but god she really needs to put on some pounds.

8.  Will I ever stop stressing about her weight?  I sure hope so.

9.  Christmas was fun but i wish E had not gotten sick Christmas night

10.  E loves her new doll and flash cards.  She also is getting into her farm.  It is fun to see her really playing with toys now.  She gives her baby a bottle and feeds her it is too cute!

• imageTwo*True:

This exactly! She's the one who's being selfish. It is your body, and she doesn't have final say over it. Good luck and I hope she comes to her senses. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • imagejeannkerricotober09:

9.  I am 7dpo today

10. My wife is 5 dpo today (surprise!) 

Hey does that mean you are in the 2ww squared?  Did I miss something?

• 1) I am in my second week of working four ten hour shifts with no lunches....being closed on Saturdays makes M-Th difficult but I sure to enjoy that three day weekend!

2) We had a carry-in at work and I was so excited not to have to pack my lunch and it bombed....half the people did not bring what they said they were going to and so I ate some dip, two rolls, and a rice krispie treat for lunch.

3) Today is DW's day off...I wonder if I can bribe her to bring me some real food for dinner....

4) DW and I were talking about TTC #2. I was always under the impression I was carrying all the children (per a LONG discussion we have had many times) but to my surprise she brought up that she wanted to carry one.

5) After another LONG talk on Christmas day we decided she would try for this next one.

6) FF to yesterday when my first period with my metformin finally appeared and she asked when that meant I would O and if we could try this cycle for me...

7) Color me CONFUSED!!!

8) Sometimes I feel like Ann's family pretends to be okay with us and Ky.  Not so much her parents or her aunt and uncle but one set of the grandparents and her brother....

9) My boss is on vacation and I am stuck with a supervisor I cannot stand for the late shift and the 8th of January.....I should explain that I work in a special division of the collections department that only handle a small percentage of loans so I sit at work a lot while everyone around me is slammed with calls. This guys seems to think it is okay to harass me everyday about why I am not working....not cool.

10) The other sup I am stuck with is an arrogant you know what but at least he is too embarassed to talk to me since he asked me if the pic of Ann with our dog and baby Ky was my husband and I point blank said no that is my wife and my coworker laughed so hard soda came out of her nose.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 11. I just worked with a surgeon who looked and talked like Amy Ray from the Indigo Girls. Freaked me out.
  • 1. OMG 2mommiesinoh...I almost shot soda out my nose when I read that last one. How funny!

2. Sugar I'm sorry to hear about your fight with B, I hope you two get some quiet time to sort things out...thinking of you.

3. BGG may this be your lucky unplanned month!

4. SSG, I love your new siggy pic, I wanna kiss E's smooshy cheeks. She is so cute.Smile

5. My Christmas weekend flew by super fast and now that I'm back to work I wish I had taken more time off for the holiday.

6. My GF came over to give DD her Christmas present last night. While she was there she did all sorts of helpful things for/with me and I was just in awe. I am so blessed.

7. One of the gifts I got my GF was a grou.pon for a glassblowing class for two. I am really excited to go take the class. I am not artistic, but maybe I will be able to do this!

8. DD is at the age where all her presents were open in about 10 minutes.  Then she helped everyone else open their presents.

9. Christmas morning/opening Santa presents with DD's dad was fine.  What my DD continues to come back to mommy's saying after she has been at his place...not so fine. This may deserve a separate post.

10. My GF and I are going to have a chill NY weekend at home watching movies, cooking and just being together. I can't wait for Friday to be here.

• 1. I'm home by myself all week while Jen is skiing with her family in Breckenridge. I miss her and wish I didn't have to work this week, but her family stresses me out and skiing, while fun, also stresses me out - so it kind of balances out, I guess.

2. Work is dead as far as people being out of the office, but not dead as far as work that needs to be done. I'm still planning on leaving an hour early all week, and we have Friday off.

3. I made a big pot of my favorite soup last night to eat on all week. It's something my mom used to make for me and feels very homey.

4. Christmas with my family was great but I'm worried about my mom - she's on some medication that makes her exhausted and kills her appetite. It was sad to see her normally perky self so tired, and she kept apologizing, which made it feel worse.

5. My brother got me a towel warmer for Christmas. It's the kind of thing we absolutely do not have room for and I would never buy for myself, but I'm totally delighted and plan on using it to warm not only towels, but also pajamas for me and blankets for the dogs :-D  

6. I'm super proud of myself for working out 4x while I was staying with my parents. Offset and more by the amount of candy and homemade butter I ate, but WHATEVS :)

7. We always have Christmas Challenges when we get together, and I didn't win any of them this year. My dad won the plank contest and arm wrestling, and my sister won state mottoes and naming the countries of the world. I came in second on everything but arm wrestling though. 

8. I need to unpack. That probably won't happen until right before Jen gets home though. Much like I do not make the bed until she's on her way home from work. Heh.

9. I'm going to watch a zillion episodes of Vicar of Dibley this week.

10. Starting now. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageseattlekari:

4. SSG, I love your new siggy pic, I wanna kiss E's smooshy cheeks. She is so cute.Smile

We love that picture too.  I think she is thinks "Wow this two mom thing has is drawbacks..give me some space women!"

• 1) Wishing you the best sugar.

2) Just had to go in and rock RB back to sleep.  She was a rockstar sleeper for the past month, then wham, back to the old troubles.  Must be another tooth on the horizen.

3) I love this board but sometimes find it hard to come here and contribute.

4) I wonder how long the rawness will linger - i worry that it may be with me forever.

5) i LOVE having a playroom!! snow days stuck in the house were a breeze!

6) i'm dying for a vacation. one with a nanny.

7) RB has started running. its a hysterical drucken sailor toddler run that has me in stitches every time.

8) we're taking a mellow stab at PTing RB and today she had an accident while playing with Sprout.  He took her hand and walked her over to the bathroom while telling her that "pee goes in the potty silly baby".  It shocks me how mature and parent-like he is with his sisters.

9) But, within the hour he was playing a wild game of police and death and guns complete with disrespectful language and talking back that landed him right in his room. ::sigh::

10) crap. i just broke a Smooches mug that DW bought me years ago.  that cant be a good sign.

• Normal.dotm 0 0 1 294 1678 EDC 13 3 2060 12.0 0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false /* Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

imagessg73:imagejeannkerricotober09:

9. I am 7dpo today

10. Mywife is 5 dpo today (surprise!) 

Hey doesthat mean you are in the 2ww squared?  Did I miss something?

Yes! it does!  I was a little reluctant to post about it, knowing a fewpeople with infants or difficult pregnancies might think I am smoking crack:)  but we are both in the 2ww!   When we started TTC, weplanned that once K was 3 months along, I would start and hopefullywe would have them fairly close in age.  But K tried for 13 months (alone)and then decided to take a break and I started.  Now she is in the processof deciding if she wants to go as far as an IVF (which is her next step - she has put off the dr's appointments for 6 months but has to get moving for insurance reasons..) orif she will be ok never carrying.  To ease her back into the whole TTC chaos, she opted for an at home ICI.  This waywe have a chance of getting her pregnant (woo-hoo!) but more importantly, we were able to do it at home, alone (away from any sort of medical procedure - she really doesn't like anythingmedical related..).  She is on vacation now and so it is the perfect time for her to sit still with her thoughts and feelings and ifit doesn't work, but through her disappointment realizes she really wants to carry, she has an appointment mid-January tostart the IVF procedure.  Also, if it doesn't work and she realizes she is ok with never carrying, then we cancel the appointment and relax a bit, knowing she will be less likely to regret it later in life, than having never tried again.

If it happens that we both get knocked up this month..well.. it is alittle closer than we had originally planned but we haveprepared ourselves (and our finances..and our families! who are besidethemselves with excitement!) as much as possible. We actually did this once before, last July.  We surged onthe same day and our doctor gave us back-to-back IUI's.  The staff wasgiddy!  They had never inseminated a lesbian couple at the sametime.  It didn't work.. but it was an amazing experience. We squished on the table together (after the procedure..ha!) and held hands and daydreamed and as much asit will be stressful to have 2 pregnant women in the house together, if that is the way it works out, it is anexperience we would love to share together.. So, yes, we are tww squared!

Now, for all of you who think we are out of our minds, be kind and try not to scare me too much :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"