Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

First Years Wave stroller vs. Baby Jogger City Mini

Pros and cons? Any real life comparisons out there? I can't see the FY stroller IRL, so that make it harder, of course.

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Photobucket
aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11

Re: First Years Wave stroller vs. Baby Jogger City Mini

• Options

I was also between the City Mini and the Wave. I decided to get the Wave. I ordered it from Amazon and got it about 2 weeks ago. Baby isn't here yet so I can't tell you about performance, but so far I'm happy with my choice.  I really wanted a stroller with the parent facing bassinet option, but I didn't want to pay the extra $$$ for the Uppa Baby or Bugaboo. I also like the I can use the Wave right away as a stroller frame and with the bassinet. I know some people use the City Mini as a base, but I'd much rather use a stroller frame than the full stroller. I've also heard some questions about the City Mini's stability when it's usee as a frame for a carseat.

The benefit of the City Mini is the one handed fold and the weight. The seat on the Wave has to be removed to fold and it weighs about 8 pounds more than the Mini. I have an SUV so the extra storage space wasn't an issue for me. I also live in the city and plan to walk outside a lot and I like that I can quickly switch the way the stroller is facing to get baby out of the sun.

It appears that the Wave has been slightly redesigned for 2011. I got the 2010 version on Amazon for $236 (with free shipping). The new stroller is for sale for $350. It looks like the stroller is made out of a different fabric and that the padding in the seat is made of softer fabric, but it otherwise looks the same to me. 

I don't think you'll go wrong with either option. I also had to buy the Wave without first seeing it, but I'm happy with my choice. I know it's probably the first of many strollers, but I like that it's packed with features without the premium price so I won't feel as guilty if/when I need to buy a new stroller. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"