South Florida Babies
Options

24 weeks pregnant .. plz help

Please help with my blood pressure? my Dr took my blood pressure two times today that?s how high it was. I really don?t want to have high blood pressure especially now while am pregnant.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 24 weeks pregnant .. plz help

• Options
    First, how high was your blood pressure? Second, did your dr. seem concerned?  Third, there is not much you can do, except try to relax (so your blood pressure doesn't go higher :)) and watch it.  High blood pressure during pregnancy isn't caused by anything you are or aren't doing, it just happens to some people while pregnant.  Listen to your dr., and try not to stress yourself out.
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options
    thanks..its was 146/96.yes he was concerned because he put me in a 24 hr urine collection.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

During my first pregnancy my blood pressure and heart rate always went up when I got to drs office cause i was so nervous. if i would take it anywere else it was fine.

do u think this may be happening to u?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My biggest suggestion is to try to keep yourself as relaxed as possible.  There isn't much we can do about your blood pressure. you can try checking your pressure at home to see if it is also high outside of the doctor's office. The 24 hr urine test is being done to rule out preeclampsia, a condition in pregnancy that has to be monitored closely. It is quite common in pregnancy so Ob's are pretty good at detecting and treating. Depending on the situation, they may need to start you on medication if your pressure istoo high. You could try to limit salt intake in the meantime. I know the feeling as I was induced with baby #1 for my blood pressure being too high towards the end. Just make sure to talk to your doctor about your concerns and what the treatment options are in your case.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    thanks guys... well i cut back in my salt and walk for 1 hour a day now hope everything get back to normal..
  • Options

imagejc26:
    thanks guys... well i cut back in my salt and walk for 1 hour a day now hope everything get back to normal..

Also make sure to drink enough water, keep your feet elevated when you can and try to cut out stress. Also there are foods like cucumbers which help with blood pressure. Adding more vegetables and chicken helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Juice celery and drink it.  Feel free to add apples or pineapple and mint.  Believe me it works!  When my sister gave birth they kept her in the hospital due to high blood pressure I starting juicing for her and the next time the nurses came in take her pressure they were shocked, they even asked if she had taken some medication. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"