High-Risk Pregnancy

bicornuate uterus + breech baby@32 wks = C section

Got the word today my LO doesn't have room to turn now, so they're scheduling me for a C-section at 39 wks, unless I go into labor before then which is likely. Just waiting to hear back on an exact date/time for the CS. This is my first pregnancy and I must say although I'm nervous about the recovery, I am relieved that I know what to expect now. Just crossing my fingers he stays put until 39 wks!  

Re: bicornuate uterus + breech baby@32 wks = C section

• Good luck. I will have to be induced at 39 weeks if lo doesn't come before that... at least it's nice to have an specific end point.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I too have a bicornuate uterus and my first DD was breech.  I had my c-sectionat 39 weeks and the recovery was not bad at all.  It is nice  to have a date and be  prepared.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Good Luck! It is good to be able to plan and prepare. The recovery isnt bad. Just remember to take your meds every 4 hours as instructed. :)
    I would forget to take my meds and the pain would remind me. LOL!
  • imageShann50952:
    I too have a bicornuate uterus and my first DD was breech.  I had my c-sectionat 39 weeks and the recovery was not bad at all.  It is nice  to have a date and be  prepared.

Thank you for posting this! It's great to hear you made it that long and the recovery was not bad.

Thanks ladies!

• I have a bicornuate ute as well, and my DD was breech but she decided to come at 36 weeks. I had a c-section and the recovery was not bad at all. I had my DD on a Friday was home the following Wednesday (just because DD had a small issue) and was up and moving around by the following Saturday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagewanttobeamom:
    I have a bicornuate ute as well, and my DD was breech but she decided to come at 36 weeks. I had a c-section and the recovery was not bad at all. I had my DD on a Friday was home the following Wednesday (just because DD had a small issue) and was up and moving around by the following Saturday.

Wow, that's awesome! Yeah, the docs don't think I'll make it to 39 wks, but I am wondering at this point if they would stop labor if LO decides to come out before 36 wks? I mean, if there is no more room, couldn't it be detrimental to keep him in there?  

• imageazgrlbride:

imagewanttobeamom:
    I have a bicornuate ute as well, and my DD was breech but she decided to come at 36 weeks. I had a c-section and the recovery was not bad at all. I had my DD on a Friday was home the following Wednesday (just because DD had a small issue) and was up and moving around by the following Saturday.

Wow, that's awesome! Yeah, the docs don't think I'll make it to 39 wks, but I am wondering at this point if they would stop labor if LO decides to come out before 36 wks? I mean, if there is no more room, couldn't it be detrimental to keep him in there?  

My doctor's said that as soon as I hit 35 weeks they would no longer stop labor. I went into labor at 34 weeks 3 days and they still stopped labor I was in L&D over night but back a week later!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"