Potty Training
Options

When did you start PT'ing? My DS is 19mo

Wondering when you started and how well your lo did in the beginning. We introduced the potty chair to DS at 16mo and now we ask him (not often enough I know) if he needs to go pee pee and he will say yes or no. He has pooped on the potty almost once per day for a couple weeks, but only b/c I can tell he's about to go. He has peed on the potty a few times per day when we are asking. BUT he has grabbed his diaper and said pee pee a few times then he goes and sits on it. Is this a good start and how to progress from here? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did you start PT'ing? My DS is 19mo

• Options
    DS was 17 months old and fully PT- day, naps and nightime.  It took maybe 5 days to be spot free (we were accident free by day 3, but he'd have spots- meaning he'd start and stop).  At 14 months old he would tell us when he had to poop but I was pregnant at the time and was scared if we PT him then he'd regress when the baby came 3 months later.  So when the baby arrived and he was fine we just went ahead and did it.  One day we just put him in underwear and then set a timer for 30 minutes.  The next day it was 1 hour and the 3rd day it was 1 1/2 hours.  I don't think we used the timer after day 3.  FWIW- I think the age your DS is at is the perfect time to PT- its before the no phase and its when they are excited to learn new things.
  • Options
    We started when she turned 2. I was home with her in the summer so it was great. We went about the 3 day method but stretched it out since we had all the time in the world haha. She actually was trained 1st at night before the day. I went cold turkey also and I believe it took like a month before we were fully trained cause the poop took longer
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"