Potty Training
Options

6 weeks into it...

I just thought I'd write a brief recap.

At 2 yrs 9 months, we started with the three day method. The biggest things I got from it was to watch her like a hawk for 48 hours in only undies. The second she needed to use the potty, I scooped her up and brought her in there, even mid-pee. By her 3rd accident, she got it and was asking to use the potty. Poop on the other hand, since it was only 1-2 times a day was a longer process, but after about a month, she understood what was going on and let us know.

As far as equipment, we had about 25 pair of underpants, Nature's Miracle, and some puppy piddle pads which worked great for under the sheets and car seat. We layered sheets so accidents would be easier to clean up in the night.

I guess what I want to say is that your LO is learning about their body - what it feels like to urinate and have a BM. You have to be very patient with them while they learn and remember that accidents aren't to get you mad. They are learning. Good luck and hang in there. The more patience you have, the better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
Life is good!

Re: 6 weeks into it...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"