Georgia Babies

Diaper Rash

I know that this question has been asked a gazillion times, but honestly I've never paid attention because Abigail has never had a diaper rash that desitin hasn't taken care of...until now. She has a weird dime size rash on her outer labia. It doesn't seem to bother her or anything. But she's had it for about a week... Any ideas what it could be and/or what to try on it?
Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Diaper Rash

• we haven't had many rashes...but the ones we have had were doozies! They were quite painful to them. We use equal parts of A&D ointment, lotrimin, and polysporin. Works like a charm everytime and usually starts to clear up the next day. Hope her rash goes away soon!!
  • Someone on here once recommended a mixture of equal parts Desitin, hydrocortisone, and cornstarch.  Works like a charm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I do liquid Malox (put on with cotton ball) and cornstarch.  It works every time.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We use Grapefruit Seed Extract with water on LO's bum.  GSE is a natural antifungal and antibacterial and aside from contact rashes from a wet diaper or chafing, he's not had any issues!  It helps clear up yeast, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow! It's amazing all the stuff I've learned on this board! I had no idea there were so many home remedies for a diaper rash! Kudos to all of you mamas for knowing your stuff! :D We use Boudreaux's Buttpaste, and that's the only thing that has never failed for us. (Granted, I've never tried any of the home remedies listed above, though.) GL! Hope her bum clears up soon!
  • Both of my boys have never had major diaper rashes but when they have had them, Triple Paste always works.  I put that on and put some cornstarch over it and it works like a charm.
  • Triple Paste and if it's really bad, we do the Maalox/Mylanta thing too. Works every time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"