Working Moms
Options

XP: Going back to work... To go or not to go???

Working Moms, can you help me out?  How did you cope? If you could do it again, would you do the same or different?

So depressed... Now that the holidays are over, reality has set in that I have to go back to work in a few more weeks. I don't remember being this sad when I had to go back before... maybe because LO is the last one... maybe because she's a girl and super sweet and snuggly...

My company is in the middle of a merger right now and I'm secretly hoping that they offer me a buyout so I can be a SAHM. I've thought about resigning, but walking away from a six figure salary as a young female in a male dominated industry is something I don't think I could do. I will never get a second chance at that, and with the economy the way it is, I think I would be crazy to... but the long hours and high level of stress are not really enticing me to go back so much... and I will never get a second chance at raising our daughter either. Plus, it's just been soooo nice to be home with the baby and able to participate in school activities with our boys. I love being able to FEEL LIKE a mom and do the things SAHMs get to do. AGH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Going back to work... To go or not to go???

• Options

If your company wasn't in the middle of a merger would you feel the same or different? Could you go back and look for another job with less stress or part time?

My gut says go back, give it a few months and wait for the merger to settle and then decide.  You can always quit later.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't regret going back but it was hard and if I'm being honest, if I could afford to work part time or not at all, I probably would stay home. I am however in a profession that I could go back at any time and not too high on the salary scale that I'd price myself out of future jobs.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I say go back. You have worked hard to get to where you are, and your salary will give your kids opportunities and privileges that many other kids don't have. I say make the most of your weekends and your time away from work, and maybe strive for a solid work-life balance if you don't have it already, but be proud that you can provide for your kids the way you can.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"