School-Aged Children

Santa sent us the stomach flu - WAH!

So, this past Saturday we had our annual Christmas open house get-together.  About 15 couples and assorted single adults plus all their assorted kiddos were here for a festive celebration.

At around midnight that night, DS started throwing up and didn't stop until around noon the next day.  Luckily none of the friends' kids have turned up sick yet.

DH felt rotten yesterday, although he didn't throw up.  He's better today, thank God!

Today, DD's school nurse called us to come pick her up because she felt nauseous.  DH was able to leave work before I was, and she started throwing up in his car on the way home. 

Three family members down; one to go -- me!  I'm telling you, if I get sick this close to Christmas, it'll be a disaster.  I'm frantically wrapping presents today so that if I wind up sick between now and the weekend, I'll have everything done.  

Ugh -- we had the norovirus over Christmas in 2006 too. At least this just seems to be the normal 24 hour stomach bug!  2006 was the worst Christmas ever.  Please, God -- I can't take another one like that! 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade

Re: Santa sent us the stomach flu - WAH!

• Found out I have tonsillitis this morning. :*^(    I feel for you guys - I'd much rather deal with this than stomach flu! 
    Angie ~ mom to Tyler (10yrs) & Taryn (5yrs)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for the well-wishes you guys!  Fortunately, DD was feeling better in time for a family GTG on Christmas Eve and I never got it.  Whew!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"