High-Risk Pregnancy

Bedrest Mama's Daily Check-In ~Tuesday~

This thread is for any and all mamas on bed-rest, in any form. We are stuck home or in the hospital, in a bed or on our couches, and could use the support of each other to make it through this time in order to get to a healthy baby! We all know how hard bed-rest is and we wish everyone a healthy pregnancy!!!! Anyone is welcome to join, and anyone can start this daily thread. Just copy and paste this paragraph and info lines below if you get here and the thread has yet to start for that day! Feel free to give us updates about your condition below!

Name -

Due date -

Date placed on bed-rest -

Type of bed-rest -

Reason why -

Question of the Day: Do you have help while on bed-rest? Who takes care of you and/ or your children while you rest?

If you have any updates, upcoming appointments, or anything else to say, let us know!
Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: Bedrest Mama's Daily Check-In ~Tuesday~

• Yes. My mom and step MIL alternate weeks.

I can't drive so I always have to have someone here to drive me to my nst's, care for ds, and cook for my family.

It works out because I get tired of one and the other comes along. I'm so glad they live 3 hrs away and not 12 hr flight when I was on bedrest in alaska.

I'm very very lucky.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Name -  Lampkins

Due date - April 16th

Date placed on bed-rest - December 10th

Type of bed-rest -  Modified Bedrest

Reason why -Shortening Cervix

Question of the Day: Do you have help while on bed-rest? Who takes care of you and/ or your children while you rest?

Yes.  We moved in temporarily to help out with my dad who has become a double amputee and then I was put on bed rest a few weeks later.  My mom helps me during the day when my husband goes to work.  I try to be as low maintenance as possible especially with my mom taking care of my dad.

ectopic 03/15/07 @ 9weeks; m/c 9.17.07 @ 6weeks ; m/c 04.02.09 @ 11weeks 1st Round of Clomid - 12/07/09; BFP 01/01/10; nonviable 01/18/10 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Name - buggles

Due Date - 5/23

Date Placed on Bedrest - at 18 weeks (Dec. 20)

Type - Strict (at home: in order to prevent doing it in the hospital again)

Why ? Incompetent cervix (diagnosed after losing our son in 2008)

Question of the Day: Right now my H takes care of the kids and me while he's on break. Once he goes back to work, my parents will take care of my two kids.

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • Name - Lauren 
    Due date - April 7
    Date placed on bed-rest - December 7
    Type of bed-rest - modified
    Reason why - shortened cervix pre-term labor Question of the Day: Do you have help while on bed-rest? Who takes care of you and/ or your children while you rest?My husband has been AMAZING. We have no other kids but both sets of parents come by and help out with cooking and cleaning.  

• Name - Nicole
    Due date - 2/18
    Date placed on bed-rest - Aug 30 
    Type of bed-rest - Full/Modified
    Reason why - Pre Term Labor Question of the Day: Do you have help while on bed-rest? Who takes care of you and/ or your children while you rest? Yes - there is someone here every day. Sometimes DH gets to stay home (owns his own business) but most of the time it's my mom. Also my sister and SIL help out regularly. Most of the time they help with my DD, and take me to my Dr's appts, but my mom also cooks and cleans. Overall there is a lot of support.

If you have any updates, upcoming appointments, or anything else to say, let us know!

I had a great peri appt, said that I had a miracle baby and unless something else goes wrong I can keep seeing my regular OB. But whatever I'm doing or not doing is helping so he didn't allow me to get off of bed rest.  I still get regular growth US too, so I still get to see LO! Also, they let me go to Atlanta over the weekend, with the same restrictions that I have at home. However because of that I was in L&D yesterday. Stronger cramping and contractions because of being a little more active. I think it was the travel. But I'm okay and back at home. 

• I do not have any other kids, but my husband has been amazing while I have been in the hospital for the past three and a half weeks. I get to go home to continue my bed rest tomorrow (yay!) so my mom flew in from out of state to take care of me at home. Plus, she really didn't want to miss the delivery so my getting to come home was a great "excuse" for her to come out early :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •   Name - Courtney
    Due date - March 7
    Date placed on bed-rest - Nov 29 
    Type of bed-rest - Modified
    Reason why - Pre Term Labor / Incompetent Cervix   Question of the Day: Do you have help while on bed-rest? Who takes care of you and/ or your children while you rest?  The first 3 weeks I was in the hospital but I came home last week and was by myself for 2 days while my husband worked (he was off for the Christmas holidays).  My mom got here Sunday and is staying until I get off bedrest or after the baby is born, whichever comes first.

I had a great peri appt. yesterday, my cervix measured 2.5 cm, up from 1.5 last Monday, and Noah weighs in at 3 lbs 11 oz.  I go back on Thursday for another checkup so we'll see what happens then!

• Name - Bridget

Due date - March 16,2011

Date placed on bed-rest - Dec. 21st

Type of bed-rest - Strict bedrest in the hospital, I have been here for a week now and I will be here for 3 more weeks. I need to get to 32 weeks. I m 29 weeks today.

Reason why - Preterm labor

My husband takes care of our boys during the weekends but works out of town during the week, so my sister has my boys.

• Name - Donna

Due date - March 25th

Date placed on bed-rest - December 17th

Type of bed-rest - Strict (still at home...thankfully)

Reason why - Pregnancy induced hypertension

This is our first child so other than our 2 dogs, it's just me that needs help. I'm also a teacher and this is our winter break so my friends have been spending time with me and they have cleaned house & done all my laundry. On Monday my husband was just laid off which we knew was coming (didn't think it would be this soon...he works construction & there's just no work) but I see it as a blessing in disguise. He's now at home with me and has been doing everything (this house is already spotless and he's been home for 2 days, haha) and if he goes out to do anything he has someone come and stay with me for help.

Well, when I was first going through the finding of my high blood pressure (160/100) my DH was not very supportive. I took my MIL to a doctor appointment and she saw how serious it was and talked to my DH and he now understands and is a LOT more supportive. I am on Labetalol and went from 100mg to 200mg and now my blood pressure has been on avg 140s/80. I have weekly fetal assessment appointments and I see my doctor about 2-3 times a week. She doesn't think I'll go full term, even with my blood pressure more under control now. She's had 25 years of experience so we'll see if I either surprise her or if she's right, haha. I will say I have been pushing myself and doing things (and getting yelled at) but after I got very dizzy & lightheaded today I decided time to put my pride to the side and lay here and just ask for whatever I need, whenever I need it.
    -Donna Married 11/19/09 Pregnancy #1: Son born March 22, 2011 after 3+ long months on bed rest due to PIH Pregnancy #2: Early miscarriage Pregnancy #3: Are we crazy for 2 under 2? Due 11/9/2012, diagnosed as Chronic HBP for this pregnancy along with gestational diabetes BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"