Georgia Babies

Throwing food

So DD is refusing to eat.  She is throwing food every where and when I tell her no sternly and take the food away she cracks up laughing.

Is there a better solution?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Throwing food

• I feel you on the "laughs hysterically when disciplined" front -- E. does that all the time!

With E., I've noticed that she laughs more if I'm stern.  If I'm casual and say, "When you throw food, you're telling me that mealtime is over," and just take the food away and take her out of the seat, she'll respond better.  Either she'll be upset and will come back and want to eat politely or she won't care and she'll go play.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Well, I have never had the issue with my son not eating.  But at that age he was a huge food thrower.  I just made him get down, pick it up, and throw it in the trash (yes at age one).  Then meal time was over.  It wasn't fun anymore when he had to stop throwing food to pick it up.   Anyway, he quit soon after, and now at 2.5 he takes his dishes to the sink after dinner.  I am hard core, but am trying to raise the perfect husband :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with pp... I get a better reaction if I just take it all away and end mealtime.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Cason is a big time food thrower, smasher, etc. Usually he seems to start doing it once he is getting full, so I just tell him that meal time is over when he starts throwing food and get him out. Part of our problem is that he thinks it is fun to throw food down to the dog, so I am working on keeping the dog OUT of the kitchen.

We just went through a food stike that lasted a week. I swear all he would eat that week was peas, carrots and grilled cheese. Luckily, he has come out of that a little bit!

I guess you could try to catch her arm or hand as you see her about to throw it over and grab her hand and say "Don't throw your food. Food is for eating", but it may get even more of that reaction where shelaughs at you. Maybe ignoring it is best or acting like it's not bothering you and then just end meal time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageagmaso:
    I agree with pp... I get a better reaction if I just take it all away and end mealtime.

And just where the heck have you been, missy????  Look at those babies- so big, I can't believe it!!!

• imageslwprincess:

imageagmaso:
    I agree with pp... I get a better reaction if I just take it all away and end mealtime.

And just where the heck have you been, missy????  Look at those babies- so big, I can't believe it!!!

lol, moving cross country... again!!! 

Goodness, it's been forever since I was around these parts. You were barely PG and look at that beautiful newbie now!! what a gorgeous little girl. I love her name too! what does G think of her?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"