January 2011 Moms

I might be getting induced

Don't get me wrong, I want to get this kid out of me, but this is not how I wanted to do it.  My blood pressure has been on the higher side of my normal for weeks now (when they take it on the automatic machine it's been really high, then they redo it manually and I'm ok, just a little higher than what is normal for me).  Today when they redid it manually it did go down but not enough to make them totally comfortable.  I have to go in for another BP check on Thursday morning and then a non-stress test if I'm still elevated.

I've been so swollen for weeks now and actually wake up with my hands throbbing they're so big.  Also for the past few days I've had an increase in headaches and I've been really nauseous.  I'm still only 1cm and 50%, so I don't have a great feeling I'm going on my own.  While it would be nice to have a baby on Thursday, getting induced is exactly what I was trying to avoid.  Sad

Send some low BP/natural labor vibes my way if you could.

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I might be getting induced

• I understand wanting to avoid an induction.  I am paranoid I will need one due to being late.  But on the positive side, you made it to 39 weeks so you probably don't have to worry about LO's health.  Hope you can go into natural labor soon before you BP gets dangerous.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Thanks izz.  Baby seems to be doing fine, still moving like a champ and hb is normal and everything.

I think I'm going to try to nap or read a book or something, I just got of the phone with my mother who seems to think it would be great if I have pre-e and I'm about to strangle her because well..WTF?!  She's been trying to get me to ditch the natural birth thing so she can be there right in my face holding my leg the whole time so I don't know why I expected anything different, but I'm still pissed.  GAH this is not my day.

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in your exact situation for the same reasons.  I am on modified rest in two hour chunks 3 times a day, and if I can keep my bp holding steady (though it's still elevated) they want to induce either on Jan 7 or the 12th.  I am due the 15th.  My regular doc is on vacation til the 3rd so I am trying to hold out and obey the rest plan.  As long as a watch my sodium and follow the rest schedule, I am keeping my bp in the 130's/80's but I had some scary 150's/90's the day after Christmas (from overindulging and being too active).  If I get scary readings I have to call the on-call doc and he is making the decision if I need to come in sooner and induce earlier.
  • Same symptoms for me, too! I have the lab tests back to help the dr assess everything and am waiting for him to call with his interpretation of the results. Good luck to us both!
  • I'm so sorry!  I'm not having problems like you are but I know how you feel about the idea to induce.  Today at my 39 week appointment I was only 3cm dilated - I was 2 cm 2 weeks ago so 3cm doesn't really make me feel hopeful and my doctor said "if you're here next week we'll be scheduling an induction".  I know that if he doesn't come out on his own I'm going to have to be induced and that my doctors will not let me go a week past my due date but I would prefer that he comes out on his own.  The idea of scheduling an induction sent me into tears on the way home.

I hope that your BP does go down by Thursday or that your LO decides to just show up on his own!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ive made peace with the fact that I am more than likely going to be induced.  It was the one thing I really wanted to avoid too.  My bp has been on the high end of the normal range and the baby is measuring big so my Dr. told me to prepare for an induction at 38.5 or 39 wks.  I have read some really great induction birth stories though so they ae giving me hope.  In any case, I will keep my fingers crossed that both of our babies come on their own before we get to that! 
  • Awe, good luck. I know how it is to want one thing and then nature happens (or doesn't?) and then plans change. I'm looking at a c-section on 1/7. And your mom - try not to give her another thought. Worry about you and LO and she'll just have to get over it!
  • Good luck! I was 1cm and 75% the day before my water broke. After my water broke I hardly had any contractions for 12 hours so I was given pitocin at 10am. By 2pm I was fully dilated and ready to push and LO arrived at 4:03. So, 6 hours of labor total! I dreaded having an induction as well and couldn't believe how well it went. As long as your doctors/nurses aren't too gung ho with the pitocin and let you take your time, it can work out great. My experience was fabulous!
  • I wish u luck and hope your BP goes back down in the normal range. I also wanted natural labor and had to get induced on the 17th. It wasn't the end of the world, just remember what matters is a healthy baby coming out either way. I wouldnt change it for anything.
  • I am in the same boat too!  My BP is elevated and am swollen.  I gained 3 lbs in a week as well which I think is mostly all this water retention!  Doc ordered me to take it easy.  I go back tomorrow to have my BP checked.  I am 2 cm and 100% effaced :)

I am due 1/7/11 and want to avoid an induction at all costs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"