Hawaii Babies

Shoppers, help!

I want to get an orange crib sheet for Grayson's crib but I can't find one except online and none are shades I like. I want a bright orange (not neon) more like the color of a "cutie" fruit. Any ideas where to look in store? We looked at Target and BRU but I didn't find anything online at Walmart or BBB. Any other stores you can think of that I can look at? I hate to buy it online because sometimes the colors aren't the same... You ladies are shoppers and I know you'll pull through :)

Re: Shoppers, help!

• This is the only place I've seen solid orange crib sheets - not sure if it's the color you're looking for, but you can order a swatch for $0.50.
  • good work!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageredshoegirl:
    This is the only place I've seen solid orange crib sheets - not sure if it's the color you're looking for, but you can order a swatch for $0.50.

This is the only place I was finding them also. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • That's the one I got Matt Matt and that's exactly where I got it. I cringed a little at the cost but I HAD to have an orange sheet.I wonder how hard they are to make?  I swear we are gonna have the same nursery Sarah!!! And I still owe you pictures, I am sooooooo sorry. I don't know why I've been so lazy! Matt's off all day tomorrow so I'll upload some pics for ya tomorrow!
  • Yeah, other than the stores mentioned, I can't think of anything else! Except with Amazon, you *can* get free returns up to *one* year (and it's super easy--I've done it a couple of times when I get an item and decided that I don't want it or like it). So here is one possible orange one (either ginger or terra cotta) or you can search for more on Amazon--but just *make sure* it's sold by Amazon and has a note about free 365-day returns to qualify for free returns. And do you have Amazon Mom already (with free 2-day Prime shipping)? Free two day shipping + returns makes it pretty easy to get it just to see if you like or not and then return it if you don't, esp since it costs you nothing =) GL!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • imageHawaiian Honey:
    I cringed a little at the cost but I HAD to have an orange sheet.I wonder how hard they are to make? 

Could she buy a white one and just dye it with RIT dye or something? I don't know if there's a reason you shouldn't use that kind of dye? Anyway, it might be cheaper.

• imageredshoegirl:

imageHawaiian Honey:
    I cringed a little at the cost but I HAD to have an orange sheet.I wonder how hard they are to make? 

Could she buy a white one and just dye it with RIT dye or something? I don't know if there's a reason you shouldn't use that kind of dye? Anyway, it might be cheaper.

hadn't even thought about that but it might be worth a try. Maybe I'll have to check the price of RIT next time I'm at Walmart and see... that might be the cheaper option :)

I HAVE to have an orange sheet too :)

Oh and don't worry about the pics, it's no rush we just got started! One other thing I emailed the company about the pillow with the fabric I love and we'll see if they are nice enough to tell me where to purchase the fabric, I'm hoping so! 

• imageMrsZiz:
    imageredshoegirl:

imageHawaiian Honey:

hadn't even thought about that but it might be worth a try. Maybe I'll have to check the price of RIT next time I'm at Walmart and see... that might be the cheaper option :)

I HAVE to have an orange sheet too :)

Oh and don't worry about the pics, it's no rush we just got started! One other thing I emailed the company about the pillow with the fabric I love and we'll see if they are nice enough to tell me where to purchase the fabric, I'm hoping so! 

Hello???  Why didn't I even think of that...geesh!  Smart lady!  Good luck, I hope they will nice enough to let you know where to buy that fabric. 

This sheet is WAY to expensive, but I was eyeing this before I bought a different crib skirt fabric so now it won't match.  Now I'm going to just resort to a blue/green crib sheet I found at Target and do my other accents orange since I was having so much trouble finding an orange sheet myself. 

I'm doing this fabric for my crib skirt and will maybe just use extra fabric for a matching toss pillow for our chocolate brown rocker and call it good. ;)

| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"