Hawaii Babies
Options

possibly stupid q re nursing tanks/sports bras - clicky poll!

I've noticed that the target nursing tanks fit funny on me - the shelf bra/band lies underneath/against my boobs, not against my rib cage.  Does this mean the tank doesn't fit?  I know underwire is bad for BF'ing - should I not wear these? They're not very comfortable (though they're not exactly *un*comfortable), and I end up pulling them down quite a bit.  My glamourmom tanks will also ride up a bit like this, but not as badly.

My sports bras fit with the band lying against my ribs, like I thought they should.  But they will ride up sometimes too...

Do I just have really low-sitting boobs?   Huh?

[Poll]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: possibly stupid q re nursing tanks/sports bras - clicky poll!

• Options
    My vote is special snowflake/wear what feels comfy - b/c so little does!  :)  Actually, in regards to the special snowflake, you found nursing bras at target?  I was there on Christmas eve and couldn't find any!  I think ultimately you want to wear something that is comfortable and you don't have to adjust all the time.
  • Options

imageannasan_k:
    you found nursing bras at target?  I was there on Christmas eve and couldn't find any! 

yup, i got these; they also have side sling and regular length ones.  they're okay, kinda thin, but the price is right!  my least favorite part is the elastic in the bra part.  they're in the lingerie section - at the factoria store, they're on one of the end caps, mixed in with other (non-nursing) tanks with built-in bras.  that said, the color and size selection was really bad - I think I only saw 2 black ones in L and XL. 

I ordered online - free shipping over $50, you can find $5 off coupons online, and you can return in store - so I just got a few different colors/sizes, and I'll be returning some of them. 

...wait.  i just reread your question and saw you're asking about nursing bras!  i didn't look for them in the store, but there are a bunch online!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hahaha we both must be tired.  Now I get what you're  asking re the nursing tanks.  I think if the shelf hits you under the boob you might get chafing. :( 
  • Options

Hm, I have the Target full sling long nursing tanks too! And I have this black nursing bra and this white nursing bra for sleeping (which I love too--looks way better in person than in these pictures). I got the tanks all online and the bras all in store.

Did you adjust the straps (like how it adjusts like a bra?) so that it's longer to make the band go lower? I had to adjust it when I first get it, then I just leave it that way forever (it doesn't change in the wash) and my band is under my boobs but not against it, but against my chest, and they're super comfy on me. Not sure if maybe you need a larger size to accommodate the bigger, nursing boobs? I personally got M (because my pre-pg size is generally S/M for tops and I figured I'd lean towards the larger end of my size range due to the bigger boobs). But I dunno...I know you're more petite and skinnier than I am, so maybe the way our bodies are is just too different and these tanks are just made more for someone my build? Aww, I really hoped they would fit better for you since they're so well-priced and I was so thrilled when I found that I loved them and didn't have to spend $50 per nursing tank...

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options

hmmmm. I think they are too big on you?  Some of my nursing tanks ride up (the glamour mom ones - go figure) now that I have lost the weight in my ribcage/stomach area.

I am a 34 F/G (36 pp-until a couple of months ago) so I didn't even bother with the target selection.  I do have to wear underwires and haven't had a problem with them and comfort/milk issues - but some women swear it makes a difference w/ supply and mastitis/duct issues. 

I bought 2 pricey bras at a specialty bra shop here in Oly.  I wasn't impressed with the Nordstrom selection anymore, seemed pretty thin compared to when I worked there. 

Although expensive they were (and are to this day) totally worth it. 

Sidenote: I then hit a second hand jackpot by finding FIVE more in my exact size that looked unused at the phoenix nordstrom "last chance" store (where all their returns and pulled stock ends up) for $2/each.  The "used bra bin" was nasty - I usually never stepped foot towards them, but I happened to see a nursing bra hanging out, pulled it out and then dove right in to see if I could find more.  (and then scrubbed my hands and arms for 20 mins when I left and washed the bras a few time before wearing, haha).

• Options

i read inamra's response this morning and then had to laugh/feel really dumb.  ...i did adjust the straps, but not enough.  this morning, I lengthened them all the way, and it's better now.  and erm, yes, I have been wearing bras for the past 15 years.  I have no idea how that just *completely* did not occur to me!  Indifferent  ...can I DD this post now?  Stick out tongue

imageMauiWedding08:

hmmmm. I think they are too big on you?  Some of my nursing tanks ride up (the glamour mom ones - go figure) now that I have lost the weight in my ribcage/stomach area.

y'know, I think you're right - i think my glamour mom ones ride up a bit b/c they're not tight enough around...

imageMauiWedding08:

Sidenote: I then hit a second hand jackpot by finding FIVE more in my exact size that looked unused at the phoenix nordstrom "last chance" store (where all their returns and pulled stock ends up) for $2/each.  The "used bra bin" was nasty - I usually never stepped foot towards them, but I happened to see a nursing bra hanging out, pulled it out and then dove right in to see if I could find more.  (and then scrubbed my hands and arms for 20 mins when I left and washed the bras a few time before wearing, haha).

hahaha.  but what a find!

• Options
    imageSanHawaii08:

i read inamra's response this morning and then had to laugh/feel really dumb.  ...i did adjust the straps, but not enough.  this morning, I lengthened them all the way, and it's better now.  and erm, yes, I have been wearing bras for the past 15 years.  I have no idea how that just *completely* did not occur to me!  Indifferent  ...can I DD this post now?  Stick out tongue

Hehe, don't feel too bad about it--they're tanks, not bras, so they can throw you off, esp with lack of sleep with a new baby in the house. I remember wearing it as is without realizing that I needed to adjust it in the beginning and after that I adjust it right when I get it. So, does it fit okay now? If so, you can celebrate cuz getting the Target tanks really saves $$! Oh yeah, and pp was right, it if it riding up still, it's more likely too big rather than too small. I think I remember now--when I ordered the tanks, reviews said that they run smaller (unlike Gap which runs big) so that's also why I got the M's.

On a side note, I have mine lengthened so the plastic slider thing is one inch away from the longest setting (bottom of the top of the tank straps).
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    imageinamra:

And I have this black nursing bra and this white nursing bra for sleeping (which I love too--looks way better in person than in these pictures).

I have nothing else to add, but wanted to mention that I LOVE these nursing bras.  Target doesn't do free shipping to Hawaii (boo!) and their nursing bras/tanks run about $20 each in the stores here!  Double boo!  But, I picked up one of the bras inamra posted and want to get more!

And regarding underwire, I have always worn underwires bras pre-preg.  I was told that underwire nursing bras shouldn't be a problem if they are fitted properly.  I tried on a bunch of underwire nursing bras and actually ended up loving this wireless one from Motherhood.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"