South Florida Babies
Options

baby boy name.

please tell me what your guys think of this name.... ~Messiah~
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: baby boy name.

• Options
    I've never met anybody named Messiah before, so I like that. It's not a name I would personally use (I don't like how it would sound in Spanish and I would need a name that sounds good in both languages), but I think it's a pretty cool name!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    thank you!!!!!!!! some of my friends dont like it but its my first child and husband like it...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Messiah is a biblical name and it is a bit strong for my taste. I also agree with Clari in the sense that it is hard to say in both English and Spanish, which is also important in our family. But the important thing here is that your husband and you like the name! You will find a lot of people will have their opinions and really, sometimes it is better not to share the name with others so they don't influence your decision. ;)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    It's personally NMS, but if you and your H like it, then go for it :)
  • Options

You're asking so I'll give an honest answer.

Ditto pp, it's a bit too strong for me as a Christian.  

Messiah would be like naming him Christ.  That's a direct translation from Hebrew.

I think it would affect people's perceptions as it seems presumptuous, like you're naming him the next Messiah or Christ.  The name Jesus is different because that's a name, not a title. 

That's just my take on it.  You have to be happy with the name and your child has to live with it.  :) 

• Options
    imageTayLynn:

Messiah would be like naming him Christ.  That's a direct translation from Hebrew.

I think it would affect people's perceptions as it seems presumptuous, like you're naming him the next Messiah or Christ.  The name Jesus is different because that's a name, not a title. 

That's just my take on it.  You have to be happy with the name and your child has to live with it.  :) 

Ditto all of this..

• Options
    imageLizC78:
    imageTayLynn:

Ditto all of this..

Very well put! I am Jewish and have to say that I too feel that not only will people have their own thoughts but that the child them self may feel preassure with a name like that. Those are some big shoes to fill from a jewish or christian stand point... just sayin

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"