January 2011 Moms

Short Birth Story & A Photo

Audrey Mae arrived December 26 at 4:07 pm, 7lb 6oz 20.5 in (she was estimated at 7lb 14oz on Thursday so not too far off)! I'll give you my cliff notes birth story. Came in at 6am to be induced, I was already at 3cm, started pit at 8:30 am, broke my water at 10:30, at noon I was 5 cm and decided I'd had enough contractions and asked for the epi, after 4 attempts and 30 minutes they finally got the epi in at 1 pm. (My back is killing me right now thanks to all the pokes) Once I got the epi I was totally relaxed and was fully dilated and ready to push by 3:45, they scrambled around setting everything up and after 10 minutes of pushing I had my baby! She had the cord wrapped around her neck once, but it didn't cause any issues and I got a very small tear that didn't require any stitches.

Compared to my delivery with my ds this recovery has been a breeze so far, I have very little pain besides my back and my heavy bleeding has already subsided. I'm feeling pretty good and she is a great nurser so far. The hormones are starting to get me though, I'm getting hot flashes and already starting to get the random urges to cry for no reason. This picture doesn't do her justice, she's much cuter not covered in goo from delivery and she has a full head of thick dark hair, I'll share more photos once I get home tomorrow

DSCN0033_3835

Re: Short Birth Story & A Photo

• Congratulations!  Audrey is beautiful.  Sorry about the epi difficulty.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • congrats :) lol dec 26 is my bday to :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!!
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • Awww so adorable, congratulations!!
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Congrats!! She is precious!!
  • Cute! Congratulations!  How is Jacob doing with his new sister?

I'm nervous/excited to see how Olivia will react to her baby sister. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • So glad she is here safe!  Congrads!
  • So glad your recovery is going well! That always makes for a better experience.

She's a doll, can't wait to see more of your photos of her. 

• imageMrsYam:

Cute! Congratulations!  How is Jacob doing with his new sister?

I'm nervous/excited to see how Olivia will react to her baby sister. 

He wanted nothing to do with her. Every time I tried to show her to him he would cling onto DH, then if she started to fuss or cry he would start to whine and cry too. My parents are bringing Jake back over to the hospital today, so I'm interested to see if he dislikes her any less today.

• Glad you were able to avoid the c/s.  I hope the hormones stay in check....I really fear that dip again.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • She is so precious!! Congratulations - and I'm sure your DS will warm up to her before you know it!
  • Congrats! Glad to hear it went smoothly besides the epi issues.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations on your beautiful little girl.  Glad everyone is doing well.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations! It's good to hear that you're having a good recovery!

• Congrats! I was just thinking about you this morning cus I knew your induction was coming up!

She's beautiful, goo & all! Big Smile

• I started to weep the second day in the hospital. It got so bad that I had to have Joseph stay in the nursery (which made me feel worse), but I thought it was better that way than have him pick up on my distress.

By day three, I was weeping all day and all night (DH stayed with me the final night at the hospital because I was so distressed). Even the nurses looked at me weird and thought I had full blown post partum depression. The hormonal shift was worse for me because I was not prepared to have Joseph and everything happened in a blur with no time to comprehend anything.

Sorry to ramble, but just cry and let it out. Talk to a friend or family member who has kids and they'll gladly let you work out your emotions. That's what I'm doing.

Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congrats to you to the new addition!!  Hope things get better but she is precious!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"