January 2011 Moms

birth announcements

DH and I just decided that we'll send out birth announcements. I'm sorry if this has been discussed at length, but I have some questions.

If you're doing birth announcements, where are you getting them?

Any good deals? Any tips?

I was thinking of maybe doing one in Shutterfly or something like that. I have a Flickr account but don't know if I can do it that way. Then Buy Buy Baby offers them, but I think that might be kind of tacky.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: birth announcements

• I think we will be ordering from tinyprints.com.  About $1 per announcement if you want to include a pic.  A little cheaper if you just go with a basic announcement and no pic.  Lots of cute choices.  Obviously I haven't ordered yet because you need the birth info, but so far seems pretty easy.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • I am doing announcements Christmas/New Year and Baby announcements all in one and am doing them from Shutterfly. We registered at Babies-r-us and they gave us $20 gift cert to shutterfly. I haven't looked anywhere else. If there is a better deal out there then maybe I will do some from them and some from somewhere else.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have ours picked out shutterfly. I just have to upload a picture of her and order them. They are like 32 cents per card, very inexpensive but great quality.
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Normally I do Walmart/Walgreens for cards but I did Costco this year for Christmas and was very happy with them.  I will probably do them for the Birth announcement, $14.99 for 50 and $5.69 for every 25 after that makes it super cheap especially considering I will need to order 125 cards to include everyone here and abroad!
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • I'm also doing Shutterfly.  I got a $20 gift card when I registered at Target.  I have it all set up except for his pictures and the numbers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"