Infertility

?? LH Surge before trigger shot? (Follistim)

I went in for u/s on friday morning and my biggest follie was measuring at 11mm. I have been taking Follistim every day 225 every other day and 75 every other day. Well I went in for bloodwork this morning and the nurse just called me and told me that I had LH Surge so DH and I should BD tonight and tomorrow. I didn't even trigger!....is it possible to ovulate after follistim and then ovulate without the trigger shot? Would my follie even be large enough at this point? I can't even believe this is happening...I have my trigger shot in the fridge just waiting for me haha. Any insight is much appreciated...I am so confused! Thanks :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyFetus Ticker

Re: ?? LH Surge before trigger shot? (Follistim)

• Yes, it is definitely possible to ovulate on your own without trigger shot. RE only gives me trigger for timing purposes. My RE has had me on Ganirelix in the past when I was close to surging so I wouldn't surge on my own. These last 2 iui cycles he put on me Lupron instead of the Ganirelix to suppress me. I had a lead follie in the previous cycles and the rest didn't have enough time to catch up, so he put me on Lupron since I am on it for a longer amount of time, he can control it more. Did they not give you something to suppress you (Ganirelix, etc.)? GL!
    *SAIF* always welcome
    TTC since October 2007
    Dx with Unexplained IF
    IUI #1-3 w/clomid: Jan-March 2010...BFN
    IUI #4 w/injectables: April 2010...BFP
    1st u/s: 5/17-one little perfect hb@7w2d, 2nd u/s: 6/5-no hb@10w;
    missed miscarriage: 6/10 d&c
    IUI #5-7 w/injectables: Sept 2010-Jan 2011...BFFN
    IVF #1: Feb/March 2011...pretty please let this work!!!!

Expecting twin boys!!!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ditto dolphins. Plus your follie (or more) could definitely be mature by now. I'm surprised that you haven't been monitored closely since your last appointment with b/w and and u/s since you could be at risk for HOM. I would seriously question this practice.
    +++
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, it happened to me with my first IUI. I o'd before the trigger shot and I ended up missing my chance for that month. At least you caught the surge!! Good luck!!
    TTC #1 since 7/09
    Dx: LPD, underdeveloped follicles, blocked left tube
    3 C/P, 1 BO, 1 Ectopic
    IVF#1=BFN (3/11)
    FET#1=BFP
  • imagedolphinsmakemesmile:
    Yes, it is definitely possible to ovulate on your own without trigger shot. RE only gives me trigger for timing purposes. My RE has had me on Ganirelix in the past when I was close to surging so I wouldn't surge on my own. These last 2 iui cycles he put on me Lupron instead of the Ganirelix to suppress me. I had a lead follie in the previous cycles and the rest didn't have enough time to catch up, so he put me on Lupron since I am on it for a longer amount of time, he can control it more. Did they not give you something to suppress you (Ganirelix, etc.)? GL!
    my estrogen level was at 200 on friday so she did drop my dosage (I was previously on 225 and 150 of follistim) my appt today was to see where my level was at and it was at 1800 so no triggering for me. Also, she has monitored me very closely...I went in on friday even though the office was closed...I go in on wednesday for u/s and more bloodwork...fingers crossed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"