Baby Showers

Etiquette for diaper party?

Let me preface this by saying we are planning on cloth diapering and so I sincerely doubt we'll have one of these.  BUT, I'm curious... do dads-to-be host their own diaper parties or should a friend/relative host it for them?  Is there any form of etiquette?  Is this common where you are from?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Etiquette for diaper party?

• This is not at all common where I am from, I have only ever heard of it on the bump.  A dad-to-be should certainly not host it himself, the same way that you should not host your own baby shower.

I think creating yet another gift-giving event (when there's already a baby shower and many people will be kind enough to send you gifts when the baby is born) is rude and gift grabby.  

And if you plan on cloth diapering this whole concept is even more ridiculous. 

• As I said, we are not having on planning one.

But I have several pregnant friends/colleagues and this is something that has been coming up in conversation. I'm just curious what the general response is.  

ETA: They are more common in our area, and our usually very casual affairs (like a guys poker night).  They aren't usually a big event.  I don't know if this affects any opinions or not. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • They are common in some of the areas around here.  Usually a friend/brother of the dad to be offers to throw it.  No formal invites and just an email is sent out with a date for the men to get together.  Some of the men bring diapers and some do not, for it usually is just an excuse to get together to drink beer and play poker before the baby arrives.  I've never seen one done for the dad when the parents want to cloth diaper.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • GUest of honor never hosts his/her own party.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • lol... where I am from, dads-to-be like to stay as FAR from the shower scene as possible, diaper or not. :)
  • imageBLM10:
    lol... where I am from, dads-to-be like to stay as FAR from the shower scene as possible, diaper or not. :)

My thoughts exactly!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"