January 2011 Moms

Induction getting pushed back

My Docs have said my entire pregnancy that I will be induced around 38 weeks since I have Type 1 Diabetes - that would be around Jan. 15th.  Today at my NST and appointment, the Dr said that it will most likely be closer to 39 weeks since the baby, my blood sugars and BP are all wonderful. 

I'm beyond happy that LO and myself are doing well and are healthy, but its a total mind reset to add another week of being pregnant! I don't really mind, I'm absolutely okay to wait another week to let him stay in - but I'm just so excited to meet him!  Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Induction getting pushed back

• Good for you, mama! That is great news--even if it means a wait.
  • The waiting is hard, but that's awesome that you and baby are doing very well! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It can be very hard to wait...I am going to be induced next week (39 weeks) if the baby doesnt come before then and I so anxious.
  • Good news!  Glad LO and you are doing so well.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • That's great but I can understand having mixed emotions. I was for sure my induction (for GD) would be pushed back but my Dr. decided to go forward with it despite great BP and sugar control. Oh well, I trust her and am excited to see my LO this THUR!!!! I'll be one day shy of 39 weeks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"