Detroit Babies

Right Hand Swelling

(I have not had any issues thus far with swelling of my hands, in fact my rings still go on and off just as easily as they did before I got pregnant.)

This morning I woke up and my right hand was so swollen I couldn't make a fist!  I couldn't get my ring off that I wear on that hand and my fingers were VERY puffy.  It has since returned to normal and the swelling is gone.  Is this normal or is this something I should be concerned about?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Right Hand Swelling

• Normal.  I hate to say it, but you are at the point where swelling is pretty common.  It totally sucks.  I would say if you have any numbness or dizzyness call your doc.  Otherwise, if it's just swelling it's just part of being pregnant :)
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • You have almost twice as much blood circulating in your system when you're pregnant...so especially after you've been laying down not moving for a while, you're going to swell. Welcome to the wonderful world of pregnancy, please enjoy your stay :-) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My hands are swollen in the morning, but I figured it was from sleeping and not moving around too much.  I'll take the hand swelling over my feet :)

Just make sure that you can get your rings off at some point in the day, otherwise, put them away until you have the baby.  They had to cut my SIL's ring off when she had her emergency c-section last week, because her hands were swollen.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemary811:

Just make sure that you can get your rings off at some point in the day, otherwise, put them away until you have the baby. 

This. I didn't take mine off even when I felt they were starting to get tight and I went for a walk one day and they were really hurting from swelling and I couldn't get them off. It was super painful to get them off. I was crying and upset cause I thought we were going to have to go have them cut off. It was unnecessary drama. I shouldn't have been an idiot and should have just taken them off sooner. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's normal, but something to mention to the doctor for sure.  It doesn't hurt!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"