January 2011 Moms

Deep into: Other unknowns

I just read the post "Some many unknowns".  It is so true. In addition to wondering when we will see our LO,  I also wonder about other things. 

What kind of person will she be?  What will her passions be in life?  Will I be a good mother, a good guide?   I know several good women with children in there teens and twenties that are so lost and mixed up.  They have poor relationships, take drugs, think only about themselves, have no ambition, no career, etc.  A couple of them actually harm themselves for attention.  And there mothers are nice people, that really did try to be good mothers.

I think about how I will instill in her the desire for a good education and the need to get to know the world outside of her own and how to give her good role models.  How I will teach her to be both thrifty and yet still charitable with her resources, how to be both sensitive and loving yet have a thick enough skin to get by in a harsh and unpredictable world...  And then there's career, nutrition, physical and social activity.  So much.  I am thirty nine years old.  I am no spring chicken and I am apprehensive on how to help mold this little force in the world now that we have created her.

Re: Deep into: Other unknowns

• The only thing we can do is do the best that we can. True... there are so many factors that help to shape our little ones... But there is no stronger influence than that which they get from home... from you. You just have to have faith that as each trial presents itself, you will provide the guidance that is needed at that particular moment.... and all of these little moments will work together to create the child that will be independent, empathetic, and loving individual that you dream for them to be.
  • imagetigerlily71:

I just read the post "Some many unknowns".  It is so true. In addition to wondering when we will see our LO,  I also wonder about other things. 

What kind of person will she be?  What will her passions be in life?  Will I be a good mother, a good guide?   I know several good women with children in there teens and twenties that are so lost and mixed up.  They have poor relationships, take drugs, think only about themselves, have no ambition, no career, etc.  A couple of them actually harm themselves for attention.  And there mothers are nice people, that really did try to be good mothers.

I think about how I will instill in her the desire for a good education and the need to get to know the world outside of her own and how to give her good role models.  How I will teach her to be both thrifty and yet still charitable with her resources, how to be both sensitive and loving yet have a thick enough skin to get by in a harsh and unpredictable world...  And then there's career, nutrition, physical and social activity.  So much.  I am thirty nine years old.  I am no spring chicken and I am apprehensive on how to help mold this little force in the world now that we have created her.

The bold is something I think about often. I'm so afraid for my LO to go down the wrong path regardless of what my H and I do! l too hope I can instill a sense of family, the drive for education and work ethic, along with a desire to be a good person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"