Pregnant after 35

I finally told my older kids today...

And the reactions were surprisingly good.  I have 2 teenage children and one grown child.  My teen daughter cried with excitement and asked if she can come to my doctor appointments with me and my boys said they "were cool with it" and wanted to help name it.  That was such a relief! Now I don't care what anyone else says.

Re: I finally told my older kids today...

• thats awesome...we have an 8 year old who is very use to being an only child and is very spoiled. We havent told her yet and are nervous about her reaction :) Im hoping she has a good reaction like  your teens did!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hope the same for you.  They have been super protective of me now.  If I'm not back when they think I should be, the kids and my b/f are blowing my cell up looking for me.  Oh boy...this is going to be long.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so glad it went well for you!! 

We're talking to my kids tonight - after my doctor's appt. 

I think my daughter already knows/suspects (24 hour morning sickness, frequent naps - and she deleted my "what to expect when you're expecting" ap on my Iphone).  She's going to be the one who takes it the hardest.  I pray she does better than I suspect.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LauraLynnC, I was thinking of you when I posted.  Your probably the only person I can remember from the beginning who was going thru something similar and really wanted you to see my update.  I thought my oldest son was going to be disapointed and he's been the most protective.  My daughter checks on me every 30minutes, I have to tell her I'm fine and she'll be the 1st person I tell if I need anything.  I hope the same for you. 

As mothers we're protective of our children and their feelings so being concerned is normal. We had our NT scan 3 weeks ago, but I'm also doing the amnio.  Please post an update and I'll be sure to check later on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"