January 2011 Moms

How are the East Coast Jan Moms doing?

Crazy snowstorm.  How's every one doing?  Hopefully you can stay in where its dry and safe.  If you have to go out, please take care.
I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Re: How are the East Coast Jan Moms doing?

• I am so bummed... we got maybe an inch here. I would love a Nor' Easter! My hopsital is a 5 minute drive away so bring on the snow :-)
    DX: Unexplained IF/possible PCOS 5/5/2010 Surprise BFP! After 2 miscarriages and many prayers, our angel is here:) Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We got about an inch in MD, so no worries here. I am actually happy because I have a doctors appt. today and get to see Sophee, so no snow is good news. Thanks for asking:-)
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am in MA and it's AWFUL here. My appt got canceled today because the office is closed. We are in a state of emergency and only supposed to be on the road is absolutely necessary. It's awful out there and I HATE snow! :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are snowed in here in CT!  There is probably over a foot right now, but it is hard to tell because of the 40-60mph wind!  I am just thankful my hubby decided to take the day out of work and stay home with me. 
  • In MA too, snowed in too, missing an appointment today too. :(

We're 45 minutes from our hospital so this is all making me a little bit nervous. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • snowed in here in CT too- DH's office was closed thankfully! I was praying all day and night for my water not to break!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am having some serious contractions, I'd say on avg they last 30-60 seconds but are around 4 mins apart. Sometimes they are closer and last longer. I don't know, I am worried about LO although I know contractions are normal.... don't know why. I guess because they are so painful to me, I want to ensure that she's ok although she is moving at times. These are definitely the most painful I have ever had and would head to the OB/ hospital but they are both 40 mins away and don't want to go if it's not absolutely necessary!!! We will use my car since I have an SUV, but it's parked at the end of a cul-de-sac and the stupid plowers plowed the snow onto the car bc that was the end of the street. DH is getting nervous, I am in way too much pain to get nervous!

I am really hoping she holds out until Jan even though I'm 38 weeks!!

Worst case scenario, we live 3 blocks from a hospital that's ranked really well (I just didn't like it).

• I am in NH - we got at least a foot of snow, maybe more it is hard to tell because it has been blowing so much. Dh was really hoping the snow storm would bring on labor - but so far nothing yet. I do have a Dr';s apt today, and it is late in the afternoon so it should not be a problem to get to it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No snow to speak of here.  Just a dusting really.  Boo.  I love snow.  Getting the hospital isn't much of a worry for us as it's only about 5 minutes away but I commute 2 hours each way to Washington and they are terrible about cleaning it up down here the south so everyone panics.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemishu917:

I am having some serious contractions, I'd say on avg they last 30-60 seconds but are around 4 mins apart. Sometimes they are closer and last longer. I don't know, I am worried about LO although I know contractions are normal.... don't know why. I guess because they are so painful to me, I want to ensure that she's ok although she is moving at times. These are definitely the most painful I have ever had and would head to the OB/ hospital but they are both 40 mins away and don't want to go if it's not absolutely necessary!!! We will use my car since I have an SUV, but it's parked at the end of a cul-de-sac and the stupid plowers plowed the snow onto the car bc that was the end of the street. DH is getting nervous, I am in way too much pain to get nervous!

I am really hoping she holds out until Jan even though I'm 38 weeks!!

Worst case scenario, we live 3 blocks from a hospital that's ranked really well (I just didn't like it).

These sound pretty consistent and time able.  I think I would probably be going to the hospital.  My hospital instructed that we should come in when contractions are 5 min apart last 1 min long and its been like that for 1 hour.  Good luck and be safe Smile

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • I'm in NJ - we got about 20 inches+. My H had to drive to plow/shovel at 5am this morning and I still have not heard from him. We live on a cul de sac and when he drove down the driveway the snow was up to his car doors! No idea how he got out of here. He yelled at the baby on his way out "You stay put. Don't go anywhere today!" and so far our LO is listening....thank goodness. I have NO idea how I'd get him to get me and get to the hospital that is over 30 minutes away in this state of emergency. Not to mention when they finally did plow they too plowed my SUV in the driveway. I'm catching up on laundry, cleaning, and soon I will pack my bag.

I like it though - just hope my H comes home soon. 

• Snowed in, in NYC but I've got some hot cocoa and a little bit of extra time to tidy things up around the place. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fortunately for me, the snow bypassed the DC metro area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"