January 2011 Moms
Options

Bleeding after Strep B Test?

I went to the doctor today for my 36 week check up and received the Strep B test. I believe all the doctor did was get an internal swab with a Qtip, but I started bleeding. She said it wasn't coming from my cervix because it's still closed, but instead it was coming from my vagina. Her reaction made me feel like this doesn't happen a lot.

Did anyone else experience anything like this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bleeding after Strep B Test?

• Options
    I had 2 strep b tests and didn't spot or bleed after either of them.  They only go in a little bit with the q-tip.  No where near your cervix.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    I didn't have any bleeding either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had some spotting after my Strep B test and my doctor said that this was common. Anything more than spotting, however, was not common.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageNoemiJ:
    I had some spotting after my Strep B test and my doctor said that this was common. Anything more than spotting, however, was not common.
    That.
  • Options
    I had my strep b done along with my 1st exam so this sounds different than what you had done. But fwiw I bled for 3 days, red and brown blood afterwards.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did not have any bleeding with my strep b test.
  • Options

no bleeding here, and mine was accompanied by an internal.

Most importantly though, if your doc isn't concerned, I wouldn't be either.  Hope you feel better soon :)

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"