Health & Exercise

Testosterone Suppliments

My DH has been taking testosterone supplement injections off and on for the past 2 years for weight lifting. We have been TTC # 2 since April 2009. This year we began seeing an RE and have done 5 IUIs. DH's counts come back good so we never said anything about the testosterone thinking it wasn't hurting him. He takes 1.5-2ccs weekly.

We are coming around to possibly stopping TTC at the 2 year mark. Can someone tell me if this testosterone could be affecting him in ways that aren't showing on the SAs that could be the reason we aren't getting pregnant??

We got pregnant with DD within 2 months of trying...

DD born 8/24/07
TTC #2 since 4/09
Unexplained Secondary IF
4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Testosterone Suppliments

• imagesoon2Bmrs.AGEE:

My DH has been taking testosterone supplement injections off and on for the past 2 years for weight lifting. We have been TTC # 2 since April 2009. This year we began seeing an RE and have done 5 IUIs. DH's counts come back good so we never said anything about the testosterone thinking it wasn't hurting him. He takes 1.5-2ccs weekly.

We are coming around to possibly stopping TTC at the 2 year mark. Can someone tell me if this testosterone could be affecting him in ways that aren't showing on the SAs that could be the reason we aren't getting pregnant??

We got pregnant with DD within 2 months of trying...

2 years and 5 IUIs and you never even thought to mention it to your RE?  That is who you should be asking this question. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yea, I know right. Sounds pretty stupid. He is going to stop the injections and I am going to come clean to the RE....
    DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesoon2Bmrs.AGEE:
    Yea, I know right. Sounds pretty stupid. He is going to stop the injections and I am going to come clean to the RE....

I definitely think that's the best thing to do, not only for your TTC journey but for your DH's health as well.  Good luck with everything and I hope the new year brings you guys a little miracle.  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"