LGBT Parenting

K's first full day alone with JB

Jelly Bean's daycare is closed this week, but I still have to work.  Therefore, Jelly Bean is at home with K....all.....day.  K has never even taken JB to the store by herself let alone have her for an entire day.  I left a little schedule of approximate nap and feeding times.  K was going to run a bunch of errands today but considering there is 8-12 inches of snow in our front yard I seriously doubt they are going anywhere. 

K keeps telling people I'm happy that she has a day alone with JB because I want her experience what I go through but she has it wrong.  I don't really care if she ever knows how hard it is being a single parent.  Rather, I care that she knows what is like to do that mother/child dance for a day.  The one where you're so in tune with your child it's like they are your other half.  The one where your laughs and your LOs laughs combine as one. The one where her smile becomes contagious and her tears are your tears. 

JB loves K sooo much.  Even though K hasn't been around JB knows her.  She smiles for her in a way that is reserved only for K.  So no, I don't want K to struggle through today, rather I want her to enjoy every moment (although I will smile my own secret smile if JB happens to have a blow out or something - lol!) 

Now to keep track of how many times K calls.....so far it's 11am and the count is 1. :-p

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: K's first full day alone with JB

• Awww, I love what you wrote about being in tune with your child. I hope that K has a great day with JB!
  • This post made me a little teary eyed!  Where is K normally?  I saw you were picking her up and she had been gone for a while - I can't imagine how hard that is... I miss Kerri after 8 hours of work.. ug.. I can't imagine weeks at a time!  and with a baby!?  It is wonderful she is home with you for the holidays.  I hope you get some quality time together.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejeannkerricotober09:
    This post made me a little teary eyed!  Where is K normally?  I saw you were picking her up and she had been gone for a while - I can't imagine how hard that is... I miss Kerri after 8 hours of work.. ug.. I can't imagine weeks at a time!  and with a baby!?  It is wonderful she is home with you for the holidays.  I hope you get some quality time together.

She has been away for five months training for a new job.  She's flown home several times and was here for Thanksgiving, but of course it's never enough time.  This trip we have a whole 10 days! woo-hoo :-)

• This is where a "like" button would be appropriate Big Smile

I can't wait to experience this!!!

Mommies to 5 fur babies!
    TTC#1 since 2004
    LGBT
    4 cycles @ home with known donor - BFN
    RE un-medicated IUI cycles # 1-7= BFN
    NEW RE Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/ IUI #8 BFN
    Took long break
    Nov 2009 - Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/IUI #9 = BFP
    Beta 12/4 - 10...Beta #2 12/7- 28 Beta #3 12/9 - 80!
    1st sonogram 12/28 - slow hb and growth
    m/c 1/1/2010 Courtland 8w0d
    Nov 2010 cycle cancelled - polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    April 4 2011 - IUI #10 BFFN
    July 5, 2011 - #11 BFFN AMH .62 Boo
  • Aww... I hope K has a great time with JB this week!
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"