Baby Showers
Options

After Baby Shower Help

Hello there!  My hostess's are wondering about dates/times/ideas for a baby shower for the little one expected in April.  We did not and are not finding out is it is a boy or girl, and will have family coming from out of town and want them to meet the baby without traveling many times!   I like the idea of an open house type thing after the baby is born but need some input on how these work!   Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
Justine Kougl

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: After Baby Shower Help

• Options
    I am having a 'Baby Meeting Party' after the baby is born in Southern Cali where my family and 'old' friends live.  We are having an open house - just that, and open house.  Food, drinks, good company and lots of baby passing.  Not planning on any games or such.  We will probably just do like a 4 or 5 hour party!
  • Options
    I have hosted a few baby "showers" and a couple of "welcome baby" parties after the baby was born.  The showers were for first time moms who did not know the gender and didn't want all yellow and mint green things.  The showers were just like any other shower (except the babies were there).  We played games, had food and cake, and mom opened gifts while everyone watched.  Everyone brought gifts because it was called a "shower".  It was nice that the guests knew the sex and size of the babies.  As for the "welcome baby" parties...they were more informal.  Two were actually open house concept...people came and went.  Some brought gifts and some did not.  Another one was at a specific time and basically everyone came at the same time.  Most people brought gifts but not all.  Everyone ate at the same time (it was more of a picnic).  I actually had one like this (we hosted - my DH and I) for our second child).  We incorporated "meet the baby" with our annual barbeque party :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"