Special Needs
Options

my 15 month old is tongue tied

my 15 month old is tongue tied and will be having surgery 12/28....evaluations show language at 9 months and that surgery will help!!!! I am just so scared to have him put under...I really hope that I will finally hear his sweet voice!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my 15 month old is tongue tied

• Options
    My LO was tongue tied, but I noticed it at birth because his tongue was heart shaped.  I was able to bring him to an ENT and they clipped it in their office.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I was never able to breast feed! So I just pumped for 4 months then switched to formula...His tongue is also heart shaped but it never crossed my mind...I would figure a Dr would have noticed..  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My first son had the surgery at 18 months.  He was not away from me more than 20 minutes.  It was tough on me (was 39 weeks pregnant at the time) but he came through no problems.

His language came along around 20-22 months (unrelated to the surgery) although he still makes his 'ells' incorrectly which means some word/sound combinations are hard for him.

He'll be attending speech therapy again in the new year. Smile

Good luck!

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"