January 2011 Moms
Options

Need quick answer re: Neti Pot

So I'm sick - and I bought a Neti Pot. I know that is ok for us to use, but the sinus rinse that comes with it I can't find anything about if it's ok for pregnant women. It's a mixture of sodium chloride & sodium bicarbonate. I checked their material in the box, their website, safefetus.com - does anyone know if it's ok to use - I can't find anything that says yes or no? TIA

Re: Need quick answer re: Neti Pot

• Options
    I just bought one myself and it says right one the box that's it's safe while pregnant. Good Luck, it takes a little bit to get the hang on it but it feels wonderful!
  • Options
    sodium chloride is salt (table salt) and sodium bicarbonate is baking soda.  Should be fine.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both! Wish me LUCK!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Yep. It's safe to use. Just try using it after a shower if you have a cold and are stuffed up. It wont really work when you're all stuffed up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is table salt and baking soda. I have never heard of either of those being restricted. I would  use (and have used) it without qualms.
  • Options
    You eat both those things right? So, why wouldn't it be OK? Besides, it goes in one side comes out the other.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, it's pretty much just like a saline rinse...once you get used to the Neti Pot, if you want more power, try the squeeze bottle that company makes. I find it much more effective when I'm stuffed up. Some people are more sensitive to it though, so just go slowly and don't blow your brains out, ha ha.
  • Options
    I used one earlier in my pregnancy.  Those ingredients are basically just salt.  Totally safe from what I was told.  It takes some getting used to but, once you get the hang of it, it rocks!  Since it can be a little awkward and messy over a sink, I used mine in the shower.
    Baby #2 due: 04/23/2013 DD: 01/03/2012 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"