North Dakota Babies

Spent Christmas Eve in the E.R. (long)

Thursday night, I started feeling a lot of pressure on my upper abdomen. I thought it was heartburn because I ate a lot at dinner. I was having some mild cramping too. It was hard to stand up straight so I drank a lot of water and went to bed. I was up all night with this pressure and my stomach looked huge. The next morning, I woke up and felt the same thing only nauseous too. I chalked it up to gas. Then as the day moved on, it got worse and my ovary started twinging again. I called RE and he said if it got worse to go the the ER and get it checked out.

So my sister came over to drive me to the hospital and my mom came over to watch K. (DH was at work and I couldn't get a hold of him). As soon as I got to the ER, DH calls and meets me there. The ER doctor was a moron who had no clue what IVF was and called my RE and my RE told him exactly what to do. The bloodwork was normal but my ultrasound showed pockets of fluid throughout my body. I have a mild case of OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome). It can be serious,as fluid can build up in your lungs and make it difficult to breathe.  They might also have to drain my stomach if the fluid amopunt increases. There is also a chance of blood clots, so I am now on a blood thinner injection daily, which I am NOT happy about all. I don't like taking meds if I am pregnant (or possibly pregnant). I have to drink massive amounts of liquids. If you watch Giulana and Bill, this is what she was hospitalized for after her egg retrival.

The good news is that most people who develop OHSS after the embryo transfer turn out pregnant. When the baby implants, your ovary gets stimulated again, causing your hcg levels to rise and OHSS to occur in some people. It'll only get worse with pregnancy. I look like I'm about 4 months pregnant right now. My stomach is huge. I had to wear a long sweater coat with leggings yesterday so my extended family didn't ask if I was pregnant, because I definitely look it.I go to my RE on Monday to check the fluid levels. Can I ask for some vibes that this OHSS stays mild and the reasoning behind it is a BFP?

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011

Re: Spent Christmas Eve in the E.R. (long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"