January 2011 Moms

Emma Grace has arrived!

December 20th at 2am my water broke while I was sleeping. This was right after I walked the stage to graduate with my bachelors. The water breaking in my sleep was the biggest shock! I don't think I have moved so quickly in my entire pregnancy. I shot out of bed like a bullet and raced to the bathroom. It was the weirdest feeling, I felt a literal pop! We called our Doula and since Emma had been in breech presentation, she recommended we go in ASAP and not labor at home. So off to the hospital we went, pants soaking, pad full, and sitting on a piddle pad in the car. When my water broke I sat on the toilet a good 5 minutes in SHOCK! I never thought I would behave that way, but the fact I was only 37 weeks and 2 days definitley could have had something to do with it. I expected to be pregnant longer. Once we got to the hospital they did and ultrasound, baby girl was still breech. This was it, our natural bradley child birth was not going to happen. I was getting a c-section. I went through a lot of emotions. Fear, shock this was happening, sadness, happiness, excitement.......... my life was about to change. At 5 oclock am I was taken into the OR. I was given a spinal epidural, which to my suprise really didn't hurt. The drapes were put up and the numbness from the waist down was the weirdest feeling in the world. I started shaking from the epidural, adrenaline, and hormones and I could not stop. My jaw kept clenching too which was not comfortable. The pressure I felt from them pushing on my tummy was not bad. Finally, she was born. Hearing her cry was surreal. I began sobbing and immediately wanted to know if she had hair! It took a few minutes for them to bring her to me. Daddy was with her though so I felt more comfortable. Looking at her for the first time was weird. I couldn't believe this precious child had come out of me. I was so happy she was healthy. 6lbs 13oz, 18 3/4 inches. A little bitty thing, but one I am told squirmed like the dickens the entire time they were doing the exam. The major thing that sucked about the c-section was having to stay in the OR to get sewn up while my baby was gone, although with her daddy, getting a bunch of things done that I would miss. MY emotions have been running high and we had a little issue with her loss of weight but things are getting better. She is back at her discharge weight so YAY! I hope all of your deliveries are everything you hope for them to be. If I could give one word of advice, it's something I have had to learn, is that our picture perfect fantasies of what our births should be like don't always happen how we want them to. But, all that matters in the end is a healthy baby and a healthy mommy.
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Emma Grace has arrived!

• Congratulatons on your little girl!
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Congratulations! And thank you for that last comment - I'm going to have c-section for transverse baby and I feel so relieved that things went well for you and you got through it. Believe it or not, you give me strength!! Can't wait to see pics!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsLynnyD:
    Congratulations! And thank you for that last comment - I'm going to have c-section for transverse baby and I feel so relieved that things went well for you and you got through it. Believe it or not, you give me strength!! Can't wait to see pics!!

I am glad to hear this has helped you. I was truly very scared about the possibility of a section. But getting there, going through it, and being here to talk about it, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I have def. had a range of motion because I didn't get my ideal birth, but like I said, it is water under the bridge and the main goal of our pregnancy was to birth a healthy baby. Regardless of how your LO gets here you will be ecstatic and it won't matter as much how she got there. Big Smile Best wishes to all of you on your pending births!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats!! I'm right there with you on the birth plan.... things dont always work out the way we planned but as long as the baby is healthy it's all for the good!  :)  Looking forward to pictures!!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Congratulations!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Congratulations! You are so completely right about the birth process!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congratulations! And amen on your last comment- I had to be induced after my water broke at 36 weeks, got an episiotomy, and leave LO in the NICU for three days so I learned that lesson well: birth doesn't just follow your expectations but if you and baby come out healthy, all is good!
  • Congrats on a healthy baby girl! I hope your recovery is smooth and quick!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome to the world sweet Emma Grace!  Thank you for sharing your birth story.  Congratulations and I hope you have a speedy recovery :D
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • congrats on a beautiful little girl and a great birth story.  It's wonderful how everything worked out.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats on your little girl and Happy Belated Birthday to Emma Grace! I'm glad everything went smoothly even if it wasn't like you pictured.
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations on your little girl!  Sorry you didn't get the birth experience you were hoping for but glad you and Emma are doing well.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Congrats!! I am glad that everything went well. Wow she was tiny.
  • Glad she is here and healthy!
  • Congrats!!!  My stubborn breech Emma decided to come early too on Dec 21st when my water starting leaking :)  The c-section was definetly a crazy experiance and I got lucky that they let Emma stay with me the whole time...even in recovery.  They only took her for 15 minutes to clean her up.

I hope your recovery is going good...Congrats again!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"