January 2011 Moms
Options

Not as much movement

Ok SO I am Really Kinda worried...Thursday I notice my LO hadnt been moving like he always Does..He is REALLY Active and All of a sudden Hardly any movement...Since it was so late and Doc office was closed I called the L&D and they told me as long as there was some movement it was ok and nothing to worry about..SO I tried to shrug it off..but as the weekend has gone on and still not much going on I am Wondering if maybe that nurse is an idiot and I should just go in...I dont like Not knowing and I really dont want to wait til my appt at 2pm tomorrow..Should I go in?? Or am I over reacting,,,I have toxemia and have had troubles with this pregnancy the whole time...???help??

Re: Not as much movement

• Options
    you need to do what makes you feel better. i would go to L&D. i have a great L&D nurse i see when i go for my twice weekly NST's and she says any type of decrease in movement is a reason to get monitored. and esp. with you having toximia!! GL and keep us updated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A decrease in movement can happen as you approach labor, but I think its days not weeks before labor.  I agree with PP.  Especially since you are high risk, and you are not quite term, I would probably go in.  I have noticed quieter days the last few days but she always picks up again.  Good luck.  I hope its nothing and LO is just getting crowded.

ETA:  A doctor should have called you back, not a L&D nurse.  If you call again instead of going in, insist that the doctor on call call you back.

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would call and ask to speak with the doc. Have you tried doing kick counts? I have noticed that my movement has changed from the normal times but the kid is still moving if I drink juice and lay down. Hope everything is fine!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"