January 2011 Moms
Options

MP?

I know this is a TMI question but if any of you have already lost your MP I could use your advice! When you lost your MP did you realize you were losing it immediately? Did you lose it when you were going to the bathroom, were you having a BM or just urniating? Did you have any signs you were going to lose it? What does it look like?

Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: MP?

• Options
    I havent lost mine yet either! and I think I am due within a couple of days of you....
    Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper
  • Options
    I lost mine at 33 weeks 4 days.  I went pee, happened to look in the toilet and it was floating in there.  It was reddish/brown and looked like a plug of mucous.  Its actually a very descriptive name.  The next evening I started having menstrual like cramps so I went to L&D because I was premature and I was having some contractions and I was about 70% effaced but not dilated.  My FFN was negative so they didn't give me the steroid shot for LO's lungs.  So they said to take it easy until 37 weeks but not to worry.  I haven't had any more MP pieces or anything coming out since, no spotting or any other early labor concerns.  Fact of the matter is, you can lose it weeks before birth (like me) or not loose it at all and it comes out while you are in labor.  For some women, it can mean you'll go into labor in the next 24 hours, but apparently there is no hard rule about it.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I lost mine a week ago and I knew I was losing it, i felt something slide out, went to the bathroom and the whole intact plug was on the pad.  I haven't had the bloody show yet though, that usually tells me I am in labor or going into labor.
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • Options
    With my first son - I lost pieces of it, just looked like larger than normal pieces of CM and thicker, like end of your thumb size for a couple of weeks.  But then when I lost the actual plug which had blood with it, that was really big, I definitely knew what had happened!!
  • Options

imageizzourclue:
    I lost mine at 33 weeks 4 days.  I went pee, happened to look in the toilet and it was floating in there.  It was reddish/brown and looked like a plug of mucous.  Its actually a very descriptive name.  The next evening I started having menstrual like cramps so I went to L&D because I was premature and I was having some contractions and I was about 70% effaced but not dilated.  My FFN was negative so they didn't give me the steroid shot for LO's lungs.  So they said to take it easy until 37 weeks but not to worry.  I haven't had any more MP pieces or anything coming out since, no spotting or any other early labor concerns.  Fact of the matter is, you can lose it weeks before birth (like me) or not loose it at all and it comes out while you are in labor.  For some women, it can mean you'll go into labor in the next 24 hours, but apparently there is no hard rule about it.

This for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"