Health & Exercise
Options

What motivates you?

After DS I got serious about diet and exercise, I lost all the baby weight plus another 17 pounds that had been lurking around since college. I was never really overweight, but I was standing right on the line for years. It was the first time in 10 years I felt amazing about my body and my fitness level. As summer got busy I let my workout routine slip and now it is nearly non existent. I've gained 10 pounds back :( It doesn't help that I've been shoving my face full of cookies, chocolate and sweets every single day at work. I need some serious motivation to get my lifestyle back in order. Any advice? What do you do when you slip off the wagon and need motivation?

Re: What motivates you?

• Options

Make it a habit!  For me exercising and being active is just an everyday thing like brushing my teeth.  If I don't feel up to going to the gym, getting sweaty, I put on a pedometer, and focus on getting 10000 steps.  

You can do it! 

• Options
    I agree with Amberindenmark- also, find something you like.  A class maybe? Zumba/Spinning? Commit to a time and stick to it! 30/day...... even if that means just turning on the radio and dancing around the house for 30 minutes.....

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    the other hard but true fact is that we all have to do things we know aren't good for us and just do them.  You know you will feel so much better when you start.
  • Options

Exercise for me relieves my stress, so for me getting that energy out of me is just as important to my mental health as it it is my physical health. You have to find what works for you, for me Muay Thai is my thing. 

A bigger motivation for me is, I dont want my stress to kill me.  I may be paranoid, but stress and weight issues play a big roll in heart disease and other health problems.  These thoughts keep me going with healthier living lifestyle. 

Good luck. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    set realistic goals- and just start! it is always easier than you think once you actually get started.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"