January 2011 Moms

Why am I not allowed to be hormonal (vent)

I would like to start this by saying I have been so NOT hormonal for eight full months of preg that even DH has told the guys at work how great I've been. So now that I am entering month nine I would like just a little slack. Everytime I get annoyed about something he gets mad right back at me and acts like i'm being rediculous.

Example: I got T-shirts made that say "team colt" on the back for us, grandparents and great grand parents and they just came today. I'm putting iron on letters on the fronts with everyone's "names" on them. However his mother has not picked her name yet so I'm trying to figure out what to put on it. I asked him if he thought Grandmother would be okay because then it is not so much giving her a name as just the title for the shirt. However he doesn't understand why I can't just give her a blank one even though i'm making 8 other ones that will be nice and finished. He says we can just finish it later when she picks a name. Because I dont have enough to do with LABOR and all i'm also supposed to finish this shirt. Plus i know it will just never happen and i feel like we we are leaving her out. This turns into a whole arguement when he could have just realized i'm pregnant and want to finish my cute shirts and he could just easily agree with me and make me happy. Grrrr... 

Re: Why am I not allowed to be hormonal (vent)

• the shirts are a really cute idea! do you talk with your MIL much? would you be comfortable trying to ask her if putting grandma/grandmother on there is good enough or if she can give you a name in the next week or so? just tell her you feel bad excluding her...or are these a surprise & your family doesn't know about the shirts?

i know what you mean when you say you'd just like them finished, we all have little urges to get something done before the babies come. a few weeks back someone posted a link to a really cute blog that DH & i read together. it's from the Dad's point of view & he's giving advice meant for other fathers so they understand our "nesting" instincts as they kick it in to overdrive those last weeks. we thought it was pretty funny & my DH actually ended up helping me with a ton of little things around the house that weekend...i felt like it kind of sunk in with him that we're down to the homestretch & it's easier to get some of these things done now vs after the baby is here! 

enjoy!
    https://www.badassdad.com/2008/12/what-to-expect-during-third-trimester.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegusjaim:
    This turns into a whole arguement when he could have just realized i'm pregnant and want to finish my cute shirts and he could just easily agree with me and make me happy. Grrrr... 

No one should agree with someone just because they are pregnant to make them happy. 

That's what makes pregnant women look like crazy hormonal people.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You are allowed to be hormonal, you are allowed to want your shirts done, and you are allowed to express this concern to your H. And when gets down to the wire, I like PP suggestion of calling your MIL yourself.
  • I'd be annoyed too. I hate to leave a project open ended and would be itching to finish them too. I also vote to call MIL and ask her to pick something. Or just put "Grandma" and she can choose a nickname for herself later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"