Central Florida Babies
Options

Moving to lakeland in Feb/March

Hey girls.  Does anyone live in Lakeland?  My DH and I will be moving somewhere between Orlando and Tampa b/c I will be working in Orlando and he will be working in Tampa.  Where in Lakeland do you recommend living (near I-4)?  I'm also looking for a daycare for my son.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.  TIA!

Re: Moving to lakeland in Feb/March

• Options

I grew up in Lakeland, but haven't lived there for about 10 years.  There are some nice communities on the northside of town near I-4 (try looking off of Gibsonia-Galloway and Duff Roads) and also on the south side of town (Lakeland Highlands area) that would be convenient to I-4 via the parkway, if you don't mind paying the tolls.  I'd suggest getting a realtor though (even if you're only looking for a rental) because they could give you better information on school districts and what not.  Good luck with the move!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi! I am in Lakeland. Have been here from 1990-2000 (then moved to GA, hubby was in the Army) and moved back in 2004. We are in N. Lakeland.

It is def. central, and cheaper to live here than in Tampa or Orlando. LMK if you have any ??'s and Ill be happy to answer them ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow our journey here: Isabella's Special Heart.... BLOG: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/IsabellaSanchez ****** Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I live in a nice community in West Lakeland called Carrilon Lakes.  It's a gated & guarded community with pool, playground, tennis & basketball courts.  There are plenty of good deals to be found in here right now too.  It is right off the Polk Parkway which is about 2 miles to I-4.  My husband drives to Tampa and I head towards Orlando on I-4 for work everyday.  We each pay $0.25 each time we go through the toll to get on I-4 so it's not that bad and it's so quick and easy to get on.  I would definitely look into this neighborhood! I don't have any kids yet so I don't know about the daycares though:(

Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"