Snarky and T-TTC

I went to the RE today.

Update on BOTB.

I'm going to be starting metformin again but a little differently than last time: 500mg per day for 3 days, then 1000 for 3 days, then 1500 for 3 days and finally reaching 2000.

It was difficult to remember to take it 3x a day last time, so the RE wants me to do 1000mg twice a day to make it easier to remember.  I am used to 500mg (because doc said it wasn't a huge deal to take all 3 so I quit trying) and the minimal side effects I had with it.  RE really wants me to be consistent with 2000 though because he says it helps the fertility drugs work better.

Anyway, what foods do/did you have issues with on metformin?  I'd prefer to be careful with those kinds of things to avoid the asspee as much as possible.  Lettuce and too much fried food was mostly it at 500, is there anything else I should be careful about?

I know everyone is different, but I kind of just want a little heads up so something doesn't come out of nowhere and keep me confined to the bathroom for hours.

Re: I went to the RE today.

• I'm not any help with the metformin issue. But I wanted to say I'm glad you had a good appointment and that your RE is so positive about this plan. I hope this new plan does the trick!
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • For the split second I was on metformin I only took 500 and didn't see any ill effects. I have no idea what would happen with 2000. H+P
  • Loading the player...
  • No idea about metformin, but wanted to wish you lots of luck Bee.  Are you doing any other meds or treatments?
    11/10: IUI #1 =100mg Clomid CD4-8 + pregnyl trigger + IUI = chemical pregnancy
    1/11: IUI #2 = 5mg Femara + trigger + IUI = BFN
    2/11: IUI #3 = injectibles + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 April 2011 ER 4/23 w/16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fert., 4 blasts to freeze, 5dt of 2 blasts on 4/28, beta #1 5/7 = 243... beta #2 5/9 = 491....beta #3 5/11 = 1113!!
    my blog

2011-02-04_11-37-12_452
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageOCW2010:
    No idea about metformin, but wanted to wish you lots of luck Bee.  Are you doing any other meds or treatments?

Doc wants to avoid injectibles and the like if at all possible because that gives me a higher chance for multiples (obviously) so he's sticking with the Met and Femara for at least the first few cycles and then we'll see what happens from there.  He wants to avoid the strain of a multiples pregnancy on my body if possible.

I asked if we needed to do any more testing and he said since I've already done everything that it wasn't necessary at this point because it wouldn't change the way he wants to treat me.  He mentioned another possible HSG (but with oil contrast instead of the iodine dye) if the first few cycles of femara don't get me pregnant but otherwise no more testing, either.

I asked what we'd do if femara and TI or IUI didn't work after awhile and he said we'd then move on to injects but he feels like doing that now would be jumping the gun so we're going to hold off on that.

He asked me to continue my diet and exercise and said that Met will probably help me with weight loss, too, so that gives me at least 4 weeks (because I'll probably have to take prometrium again to bring AF) to lose as much weight as I can before we start treatment.  Plus whatever I lose during treatment.

Thank you for the luck, ladies.  Doc mentioned that I probably should have come to see him a couple years ago.  I kind of wish I would have.

• Fried foods are the only things that affect me on Met.  I'm on 1000mg. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"