January 2011 Moms

36 week appt.

I went to my 36 week appt. and I was supposed to have my strep B test. My dr said when he walked in the room that we weren't going to do that today because you aren't due till Jan. 25th and it would expire before the baby was born, and that we should have it done in two weeks at the next appt.

I said I'm due On Jan. 19th and you told me last week that you would be doing it at this appt and that I would be coming in to see you on a weekly bases from now on.

he said that one of my many ultrasounds stated a different due date and he was going to go by that date. period.

with both my previous pregnancies i was 42 weeks with my first child and 41 weeks with my second child and had to be induced. If I don't go into labor by myself I will now be having this baby in Feb. I had a hard time not crying  and said we've been going by the 19th this whole pregnancy why would we change it this late in the game? I am very frustrated and so sore this pregnancy and have been having braxton hicks in my back so bad i can't imagine going 3 weeks past my due date of the 19th which could happen now that he switched it to the 25th and them another two weeks till i hit the new 42 week mark which is Feb 8th. I know I can't do anything about it just a little upset and needed to vent. thanks for listening.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 36 week appt.

• I'm sorry. That really stinks. I was also late with #1, but thankfully never had to be induced.

Hopefully, your baby decided to come out on its own. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • that's a hard pill to swallow! we've been thrown off a few times by u/s vs due dates but there's only a 3 day difference for us. hopefully lo3 will want to meet their siblings before feb & you won't have to worry much longer! hang in there, still only a few weeks to go & then a lifetime to enjoy them! just keep telling yourself that 1 or 2 weeks makes a very small impact when you think of all the years of fun ahead.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Um, which u/s is he using to change your EDD?  If it was done past 12 weeks, its not accurate for dating.  Just means your baby is measuring smaller than average.  This could be dangerous for your baby if he's changing your EDD back and you still go late from your new EDD.  They could induce you later than 42 weeks and that poses a lot of risk.  I give your OB an Hmm unless he is using a first tri u/s.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • I can understand your frustration (sort of). I had an u/s yesterday and the lady that did it told me I'm due based on my LMP and measurements on 12/28. Uh, because this whole time I've been going by an u/s that was done at 6 weeks that said otherwise - 1/15. She wouldn't hear of it. She's like "No, we go by your LMP and the size of your baby." Can't wait to talk to my dr. about this one next week - she was a total b!tch. She's done ONE u/s on me this whole 9 months and wants to go changing things at the last minute????? And then make me feel like I don't know what I'm talking about????? WHATEVER.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"