January 2011 Moms

Deteriorating Placenta

So, I've been having low amniotic fluid for the past few weeks and I learned this week that the placenta is deteriorating (grade 3, whatever that means). Today, the doctor said that if I don't go into labor on my own, they'll induce on January 3rd. I know the doctors know what they are doing, but I feel anxious now that I'm going to miss a warning sign that something is wrong.

I'm so hoping that LO decides to come out on her own in the next week -  Either way, setting a date definitely makes it feel real (as if the finished nursery, heartburn, or back pain wasn't enough)

Re: Deteriorating Placenta

• I hope everything works out for you! Soon all the worrying will be over.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry you have to deal with this stress. My understanding is that fetal movement is the best way to keep track of whether the placenta is functioning adequately. As in, if LO's movement decreases significantly, that's the warning sign and you should call the doctor then. Are they going to do any fetal non-stress tests or biophysical profiles before Jan 3rd?

Hang in there, mama!

• Loading the player...
  • For the past 8 weeks, I have had two appointments a week for ultrasounds with biophysical profiles and NSTs and this'll continue until LO is born.  I know the doctors are on top of monitoring LO.

In the meantime, I think DH and I will be doing our best to try out all of the old wives tales in the next week to see if she'll come on her own! :-)

• I have had a deteriorating placenta since 20 weeks.  Did they mention putting you on a baby asprin a day?  How is the baby's growth?  I know that the asprin therapy has helped me.
    imageimage Brothers! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"