Health & Exercise
Options

excersising after c-section

When did you start doing even light excersising and when were you able to get back into your normal routine?

I have my c-section scheduled for Jan 5th and I'm really looking forward to working out again but not sure how it works with a c-section.

TIA

Re: excersising after c-section

• Options
    Hi, I am wondering this also. My c section is scheduled for 12/27 and it?s my first baby. It?s breech and hasn?t flipped. I have been walking 3-4 days a week now and was running up to about 8 months. I am worried the recovery will be long for a c section and I won?t be able to exercise for a long time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didn't start "real" exercise until 6 weeks pp, once my dr cleared me. I went to her one week after the c-section feeling great and I asked her if I could start. I had very strong abs before pregnancy and worked out throughout, so I felt ready. The dr said no, that it really takes 6 full weeks for the internal stitches to heal.  So, not wanting to injure myself, I waited the 6 weeks. 

I eased into my old firm,jari and tae bo tapes for the first week and then started the Insanity program the following week. It is VERY hard, but I'm finishing it up and have lost all the baby weight and a little more at 4 months pp.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"