North Dakota Babies
Options

F/U on my dad...what a rollercoaster! (LONG)

Sorry I haven't been on much to give an update.  He is still in the hospital, but is hoping he is discharged today.  He still has small air leaks, but apparently they aren't big enough for him to stay in the hospital.  He'll go back every few days for monitoring to make sure they haven't gotten any worse. 

My dad's surgeon is on vacation (go figure!) so another doctor came in on Monday to give him the results of his pathology report.  He informed my dad that all of his lymph nodes were clean!  AWESOME, huh?  He said my dad would not have to worry with any radiation or chemo and would just have to do scans every 6 months.  We were all overjoyed.  I told my dad this was the best Christmas present I could ever ask for. 

Well, we stopped at the hospital yesterday to visit and my dad informs me that the oncologist (not the same doctor previously mentioned) came in to discuss my dad's path results.  My dad said, "Yeah, I know, everything came back clean."  The doctor then proceeds to tell him that he's not sure why he thinks that, because one of the 19 nodes they took out was cancerous.  Of course, my dad is fuming b/c he had been told earlier that everything was fine.  This puts his cancer at Stage 2 now.  He'll have to have chemo just after the first of the year.  The good news is that apparently, surgeons usually only take 5 or 6 nodes from the infected area, where my dad's surgeon took 19.  Who knew you even had that many?!  Anyways, if he hadn't taken that many, maybe the one that has cancer wouldn't have been found, and then things would have been a lot worse. 

I appreciate any spare vibes and healthy thoughts you girls can give.  We're remaining positive, but this latest news is just heartbreaking.   

Re: F/U on my dad...what a rollercoaster! (LONG)

• Options
    aw, Eleise... ((hugs))  continuing t&p your way!
  • Options
    Tons of Hugs, Vibes and T&P.
    image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lots of hugs and prayers coming to you.
  • Options
    Lots of hugs and prayers for you. Unfortunately, I know exactly what you're going through. If you need to talk to someone who's been through it, please don't hesitate to contact me. I know how hard it is and I am hear to listen.
    Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011
  • Options
    We're continuing prayers for your dad & your family...Sending all of the T&P we've got!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Options
    Tons of t&p , you must all gel so frustrated, but it sounds like it's all sorted out now. I hope you guys can have a nice calm week w/ family & that your dad is feeling well to enjoy Kellen's 1st Christmas.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• Options
    Lots of continued T&Ps for your family. {{hugs}}
  • Options
    I will continue to think of you, your dad, and your entire family.  HUGS!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Eleise. Sending lots and lots of t&p. We'll be thinking of you guys and please call me if you need anything
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hugs, vibes and T&Ps!  I'm so sorry to hear this.
  • Options

Oh Eleise, a roller coaster is right!

Continued thoughts and prayers for your entire family.  ((hugs))

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Tons of hugs and T&P.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"