January 2011 Moms

Dilation

Just out of curiosity, for those of you that have had internals already, are you dilated yet and if so, how much?  I had an internal last week and this week and I'm not dilated yet.  

Big Smile 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dilation

• 1 cm.

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    DX PCOS
    Success with #1 after Femara + Trigger + IUI Pregnancy Ticker
  • 50% effaced with no dilation...stuck here for the last 2 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an internal at 35 weeks and 36 weeks and i was not dilated and have not effaced at all. Dr said my cervix was still hard.
  • 2 cm, 75% effaced today.
    Long time Waiting BFP 5/8/10 It's a Boy! 1/7/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Graphics
  • Had one yesterday. 80% effaced. 0 station and 1 cm dilated. I was starting to get excited but from what I read, I could stay like this for weeeks or go tommorrow. The baby comes when she come I guess :). I just hope I don't go overdue. I'm super swollen in my hands and feet and it sucks.
  • At 36w on Monday I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• At 36w4d I was "a good 2 cm" and 50%.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• On Monday at 36 Weeks 1 Day I was 1 cm Dialated, 50% efaced, & -3 Station.

• 2cm 50% head down at 35w 4d
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • 3 cent - 80% effaced
  • I had one on Monday (36wk, 4 days at the time) - I was almost 100% effaced and 2 cm dialated already. Just trying to take it easy because i don't want this baby coming out 'til after the holiday.
  • As of last Friday, 50% effaced and 1 cm.  I saw OB today but didn't have internal. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1 cm, 80% effaced and -1 station at 36w 4d...still there today at 37w 4d. Dr said she's had patients who are 3 cm dialated for weeks before delivering and she's also had patients who aren't dialated at all and deliver the next day. Makes you wonder what the point of them checking for dialation/effacement in the first place is then :)
  • 1cm since 33 weeks. I go in again Monday.
  • imagespglissman:
    1 cm, 80% effaced and -1 station at 36w 4d...still there today at 37w 4d. Dr said she's had patients who are 3 cm dialated for weeks before delivering and she's also had patients who aren't dialated at all and deliver the next day. Makes you wonder what the point of them checking for dialation/effacement in the first place is then :)

this

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My due date is 1/6.  I had an internal done yesterday and I'm not dilated at all.

Grrr

• 4cm and 80% as of Tuesday. I know, I'm a freak.
  • imagespglissman:
    1 cm, 80% effaced and -1 station at 36w 4d...still there today at 37w 4d. Dr said she's had patients who are 3 cm dialated for weeks before delivering and she's also had patients who aren't dialated at all and deliver the next day. Makes you wonder what the point of them checking for dialation/effacement in the first place is then :)

This is why I turn down internals. A friend of mine was 5cm for THREE weeks and went a week past her EDD. Knowing serves no purpose really. Your water can break tomorrow when you have no dilation/effacement, or you can be dilated for weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKC_13:

imagespglissman:

This is why I turn down internals. A friend of mine was 5cm for THREE weeks and went a week past her EDD. Knowing serves no purpose really. Your water can break tomorrow when you have no dilation/effacement, or you can be dilated for weeks.

Exactly! My dr doesn't do any internals until 38 or 39 weeks. She says they hurt and increase the risk of infection and the best way to know when the baby is coming is if you go into labor.

My friend who is due in a couple of days has been getting them done and she's getting so frustrated and impatient from it.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • As of this past Monday, I was 37 wks and 6 days with 3 cm and 70% effacement.  Still no baby and its agonizing!!!  I'm hoping I don't make it to my due date which is the 4th--I want to meet my little one!
  • imagestarrynite96:
    As of this past Monday, I was 37 wks and 6 days with 3 cm and 70% effacement.  Still no baby and its agonizing!!!  I'm hoping I don't make it to my due date which is the 4th--I want to meet my little one!

You know what I notice is funny about the boards? In 3rd tri, everyone is impatient to meet their LO and is done being pregnant. In 0-3/3-6 everyone wishes they were pregnant again. lol!

• 1 1/2 cm, 30% efaced
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary
  • At my appointment yesterday dr said I was 1-2 cm, and he did a "stretch and sweep", without telling me until it was too late, and I feel like I'm one of the only ones who actually wants my LO to stay put until the New Year, (s)he is welcome as soon as the clock strikes 12:01am on the first, but I really hope I get to be one of those women who walk around like this for a week or more, but of course I'll be the one meeting my LO tomorrow...lol, I have a feeling I won't make it and I'm sure it's just because I want to! 
    image image image
  • Almost 2cm, roughly 60+% effaced... DH's face went 0_0! He thinks the baby will fall out if I dilate more!
  • 1 cm and a thin cervix... i've been 1/2 - 1 cm since 30 weeks... he just told me at my appt tuesday that my cervix is thin
  • I was 1 cm at 35 weeks (and 50% effaced) and still 1 cm at 36 weeks (and 75% effaced) with baby "looooooow" at 0 station and my water broke the next day.
  • My cervix is completely closed she told me.
  • I've been 3 cm and 50% effaced for two weeks and I will be 39 weeks on Tuesday. At 36 weeks, no progress at all...
    Mommy to Luke
  • At 37w6d I was a fingertip and 50% effaced

At 38w3d I was 2cm and 60% effaced

At 38w6d I was 3cm and almost completely effaced

• Went on Wed and nothing...shop is closed:(
  • As of Tuesday, at 36w4 days, I was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced.
  • I had an internal two weeks ago and last night.  I am not dilated but Dr. did say my cervix is starting to soften and baby's head is right on my cervix.  Dr. didn't seem too worried about my lack of dilation I do have several weeks to go.
  • At my 36 week appointment, I was 2.5 cm.  Not sure about effacement, but dr said my cervix was "ready to go"...whatever that means. Stick out tongue
  • 2 cm last week at my 37 week appointment
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • imagetigerlily71:

My due date is 1/6.  I had an internal done yesterday and I'm not dilated at all.

Grrr

With DD, I was thick and closed 3 days before I delivered her.  Don't worry!

• Monday (37w 1d) and Tuesday (37w 2d) I was 1cm, 80% effaced, still station -3. Hopefully tomorrow at my 38w 1d appt there's more excitement than that, or I'll cry.
  • imagestarrynite96:
    As of this past Monday, I was 37 wks and 6 days with 3 cm and 70% effacement.  Still no baby and its agonizing!!!  I'm hoping I don't make it to my due date which is the 4th--I want to meet my little one!

THIS EXACTLY

• At my little scare two weeks ago they said I was long and closed, which was music to my ears after having hours of contractions every 3 minutes.  I don't him to come early.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"