January 2011 Moms

Help! Weird Bump!

I woke up in the middle of the night with a pain in the crease of my leg right in the bikini line. I felt the area and it felt like a large bump. Of course I couldn't see it myself so my husband looked and he couldn't see anything but he said it was red.  Anyone else experience this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help! Weird Bump!

• Ow.... how big is the bump?
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It's almost like a swollen vein. It's too big to be an ingrown hair.

• It could definitely be a varicose vein or a spider vein.  I don't know what to tell you to do though other than to keep an eye on it and call and ask your dr if it gets really painful.  Sorry, it doesn't sounds fun.  :(
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you!

• I have a varicose vein in my outer labia that's been there since about 20 weeks.  I would show your doctor.  Mine isn't painful, just swollen.  You might need to be checked for a hernia.  They thought mine could be a hernia at first, but it didn't really act like a hernia and when the vein swelled a little further down, they were sure it was a varicose vein.  Before they were certain it was a vein and not a hernia, they told me if it becomes suddenly painful and red, to get to the doctor immediately.  If its a hernia, those are signs that it could be strangled and needs attention.  Hope its not, but give them a call to be sure.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Thank you Ladies! It looks like I will be making a trip to urgent care this evening. Wish me luck. Sad

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"