Pregnant after 35
Options

Just heard back from dr- Sequential Screening Results

So just some quick history. I was extremely nervous to do this test, though we opted out on amino- Sequential Screening was our only choice--it seems so long to do...first blood work, then u/s and then second blood work?2 months is a long time to hear about results.  Well I had my 2nd blood work done on the 13th and this morning my doctor called to say my results are (talk about fast):

1: 7,800 for Downs Syndrome

1: 10,000 for Trisomy 18

1: 3,800 for Open Neural Tube defect (Spinal Bifida)

She said they were very good for a 37 year old, they seem to be positive results?I immediately emailed my husband and now I?m waiting patiently for him to read and respond?I?m dying to tell someone as it feels like a weight has been lifted.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
Trying to Conceive Ticker image

Re: Just heard back from dr- Sequential Screening Results

• Options
    Fabulous results!  You must be so relieved.
    the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What a great relief it must be!!  I'm so glad they came back favorably!!  Congrats - try and relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!! (i'm jelous - our first test is the NT scan on the 27th at my first appt.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Excellent news.  I hope my tests are that good when I get them!!! (that would rule out amnio for me)

I already had the NT screening ultrasound and everything looked good there (2.4 mm twice, I'm 42 though) and my blood work is scheduled 2nd week of January.

• Options
    That's great - congrats!
  • Options
    AWESOME results! I have my 2nd testing on the 23rd and they better call me, lol. Yeah for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Awesome numbers! Congrats!
  • Options
    imageTugger1:

Excellent news.  I hope my tests are that good when I get them!!! (that would rule out amnio for me)

I already had the NT screening ultrasound and everything looked good there (2.4 mm twice, I'm 42 though) and my blood work is scheduled 2nd week of January.

So is the thought if the numbers are good on the screening you don't have to do Amnio?  If so, I don't think I'll do that either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
  • Options
    imageVincent:
    imageTugger1:

So is the thought if the numbers are good on the screening you don't have to do Amnio?  If so, I don't think I'll do that either.

I don't think you have to do anything you don't want to.  I was told by my genetic councellor that I didn't even need to go through with an ultrasound if I didn't want to

I was discussing it with hubby, and if the results of the blood test and US say that I have a 1% chance of having a baby with anything and there is a 2.5% chance of having a miscarriage with amino, what course would we choose.  It's difficult question to answer yes I would like to know for sure and really always thought it wouldn't matter to me, well surprise it does now after seeing it.

Our general outlook from the get go (way before we were even pregnant) was that we were going to find out for sure about any problems and deal with them (NO JUDGEMENTS)

Hubby is being realtively quite about anything, he is of the impression if we don't talk about it everythign will be ok.  We have the worst luck and would be in the 1% if we didn't have the amnio (look I got preg after 10 years of trying, 3 days before having surgery what are the odds)

Good luck in you decisions.  Keep us posted

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"