North Dakota Babies

spotting? maybe TMI..

What can you tell me about spotting? Can this still happen if you are PG?

Here's the back story...I just got off the BC 2 months ago, so I have no idea what to expect. Aunt Flo came at the usual time last month but not with the normal symptoms-no cramps or headaches like I usually got the first day while on the BC. Also, she only visited for 3 days & was VERY light-only like half a day of anything that looked red. It always lasted 6 days while on BC & was very heavy the first couple days. but I obviously didn't expect my first cycle off the BC to be "normal", so I figured I'd wait to see how this month goes.

Ok, so this month I was due for her visit yesterday. She usually comes on Tuesday or Wednesday morning at the latest. Still nothing. but there's kinda a brown tint. So is this considered spotting? I've never had spotting before... so I don't really know! Embarrassed

DH & I have been just going with the flow, if you know what I mean....so now I'm not sure if I should wait out the week & chalk it up to a missed cycle or POAS or what?! I don't want to get my hopes up, so I guess I would like to hear others thoughts/experiences were when they got off the BC.

Re: spotting? maybe TMI..

• I never spotted when I was PG, but I know many girls on here that did....whenever spotting occcured for me (which is a light pinkish for me) usually meant Aunt Flo was going to make her appearance soon...However you mentioned brown spotting...and brown usually means old blood, so I am not really sure...I would wait it out a few days and then POAS if Aunt Flo still has not come...I have never been on BC pills so I have no idea on that end....
  • i never had spotting until i was off BC and then one day i had the same thing as you...brown spotting that i never saw before but now I have had it the past two cycles before AF showed up. Also, it may take a few months for your cycles to be totally regular. I was off BC in July/August and my cycles are still a little wacky. I am expecting AF anyday now, but this will be my shortest cycle since i have been off, so im hoping im starting to regulate a little more!
  • Loading the player...
  • My first cycle off BC was "normal" but I believe that it was actually an anovulatory cycle that was the result of BC still being in my system.  My next 2 cycles were short, maybe 2-3 days of really light flow and I think that the 2nd one was anovulatory and the 3rd, I may or may not have ovulated.  The 4th one was my first completely normal cycle and the one that I concieved in.

As for the spotting, I agree with Mel that the brown color usually indicates older blood.  How many DPO are you?

• imagenatalee215:

How many DPO are you?

what does DPO stand for? LOL

• imagealisonpilgrim610:

imagenatalee215:

How many DPO are you?

Sorry!  Days Past Ovulation.

• imagenatalee215:
    imagealisonpilgrim610:

imagenatalee215:

How many DPO are you?

Sorry!  Days Past Ovulation.

I have no clue when I ovulate....

• I forgot that you weren't charting, but rather not not trying :)  I would probably wait about 3 days after you think you were supposed to get AF and take a test just to be safe.
  • imagenatalee215:
    I forgot that you weren't charting, but rather not not trying :)  I would probably wait about 3 days after you think you were supposed to get AF and take a test just to be safe.

Yeah, we are kinda just "winging" it for now.

Those were my thoughts too... I mean, I expected my cycles to be wacky for awhile, but we have been having sex too, so I'm not really sure what's normal!

We'll see how the next couple days go.

• After I went off B/C, my periods completely changed.  They went from 5 days long to MAYBE a day and a half long.  And I never had spotting until going off of B/C either.  My spotting was exactly as you're having.  Brown and then it would go tpink and then a regular period.  This cycle for you sounds exactly like every cycle I had until I got pregnant. 

Coming off of B/C is so confusing. 

ETA:  Yes, you can definitely spot while pregnant.  It can be completely normal. 

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I was off of the pill for a few months and my cycles were wacky. First cycle was totally normal then they got longer and longer. The last one before I went back on was 54 days long. So take a test in a few days but I would guess you're just a little out of wack.
  • I never experienced spotting until I came off of BC. I've been off BC since last May and my cycles are still completely off with more spotting during the last 2 cycles. I used to have 6 days of heavy the first couple of days and then lighter while on BC. Since going off, AF usually lightly visits for 3-4 days, except for this last cycle. I am currently STILL on cycle 5 and I had spotting for 3 weeks straight during this cycle. From what I've read, everyone's body adjusts to coming off BC differently. If it were me and I wasn't sure when I ovulated, I'd wait a few more days and POAS.
  • When I got off the pill, my cycles stayed them same.  However, I did spot from about 5 weeks until 20 weeks while pregnant.  Sometimes even full on period bleeding (sorry if TMI).

A & T Since 2009 Parents of A born July 2010
  • I wasn't on birth control so I don't know about that. But I'm spotting and I have been since exactly 4weeks. It comes and goes and it's heavier sometimes. When you are pregnant on the first trimester you cervix is soft and in my case it's prone to bleeding according to my OB, so I will bleed through the first trimester and it completely normal as it happens to many other women too.

If I were you I would POAS just to make sure, but then again I buy the cheap tests, so I don't feel bad if I waste them.

image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I spotted the night before my BFP. My last month of BC was July I think. I had normal periods right away. We conceived around Halloween. 
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"