Colorado Babies

Recommendations for Kaiser Ob?

Hi!
My husband and I just moved back to Colorado and I haven't found an OB yet.  I had two positive tests last week so am quickly trying to find one, but am getting very overwhelmed just looking at lists.  I would prefer somewhere close to central Denver, would prefer a woman, and we have Kaiser...  Anyone have an OB they love?

Thank you!

Re: Recommendations for Kaiser Ob?

• I have Kaiser as well, Not sure where your located But I have seen alot since I was high risk. My regular OB is Rory Moore in the westminster office. I loved all the docs there and the rock creek location. They were great. Hope that helps
  • It does - thank you!  And I just found out that they won't schedule the first visit until 12 weeks!! Is that what you experienced, too?  This is my first, so this is all new for me! Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine was 8 weeks, however I was really high risk and always have been, Good luck, Congrats and pm if you need anything
  • I have Kaiser, but have been going to the Rock Creek location.  My first exam was scheduled at 9 weeks and I am not high risk.  They schedule you approx. every 4 weeks rotating between a NP/CNM and MD.  I was not that excited to see a CNM at first- -but my husband and I actaully really think she is great and like her more than the MD.  I have seen Chrsitina Mitchell as a CNM and MD/DO was Dr. Kelly Isbill.  Dr. Kelly Isbill was also nice, but I have only seen her once.  The only major down fall I have found is that you will have 1 of about 18 Dr.'s for delivery. . . so it's likely you won't know your delivery Dr.
  • I went to Kaiser SW and saw Dr. Berga. I had my first appt for both of my girls at 8wks.
  • I am going to to the Franklin Center which is off St. Joseph's Hospital Downtown...we see Midwife/Nurse Elisa Patterson and Dr. Jazwkie (spelling is off but they should know) both are really nice and great.

This is our first too

• I had Christina Mitchell for my CNM as well and she is awesome! Melissa Dunn was my OB and she was great too. The Rock Creek clinic is the best Kaiser clinic in my opinion. Plus it's right next door to Good Samaritan. Hope it's not too far of a drive.
  • Not sure where you're located but I am a Kaiser member and go to the Highlands Ranch clinic and see Dr. Nelson. He's absolutely wonderful! You can call member services and ask for recommendations based on your location and ask nurses that schedule your appointment.

I had my first appointment at 8 weeks. Congrats!!!

• I went to Kaiser Lakewood and absolutely LOVED Dr. Vy Rossi.  She always made us feel she had all the time in the world to talk to us, and was so, so, so nice.

Congrats and good luck to you!

• Dr. Isbil delivered my 2nd son and she was wonderful.  Dr. White delivered my first son and I wasn't too impressed although she was only there to actually deliver him, Dr. Kim was there for the labor and I LOOOVED him.  So, I'd recommend Dr. Kim or Dr. Isbill for sure. 
    D & D 7/9/07 & 2/28/10 **** Angel Babies B&C 5/16/08 & 2/20/09
  • imageMWiley0225:
    I have Kaiser as well, Not sure where your located But I have seen alot since I was high risk. My regular OB is Rory Moore in the westminster office. I loved all the docs there and the rock creek location. They were great. Hope that helps

Dr. Moore was one of the docs in the hospital when I was in labor with my son.  She was amazing!  She read our birth plan from top to bottom and even held firm when I finally asked for a c-section after 28 hours of hard labor and no progress.  She knew I did not want that and helped me understand that either way I'd need an epidural.  She was great!  If she wasn't so far away and I saw the doctor more often, I would see her.  We see NP Sue Ikenberry at Wheat Ridge and LOVE her.  I didn't have my first appointment until 10 weeks either.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"