North Dakota Babies

Just a vent

DH's grandmother is such a witch of a women. She is a penny pincher and as a result she is loaded!!! She has never been a mother/grandmother type of person, so this shouldn't come as a surprise to me. But she never acknowledged Austin's birthday, and this Christmas she sent didn't send DH or Austin anything.

Now I am not expecting presents at all, but maybe a card would be nice. She told my MIL that since DH doesn't live at home anymore he has been cut off. Her words exactly! Like I said I am not expecting anything, but I know DH is hurt, because when we go over to the IL's for presents on Christmas, FIL, MIL, BIL. DH's 2 adopted sisters will not get presents either, because they are not blood related (isn't that sad)

I guess I just don't understand how a grandmother could be so wicked. I grew up with grandparents that pretty much spoiled us rotten, so it is weird to me that a grandmother could be so cold.

Oh well...

Nicole and Michael~Las Vegas~May 31, 2008

Re: Just a vent

• Wow! How could anyone be so cold to their family - especially a grandma!
  • That's really sad. Just imagine how miserable she has to be in her own life to be that cold to her family.
  • Loading the player...
  • cratchety old people suck. If I get miserly like that, I hope someone has the sense to slap me.
  • that's pitiful. 

My mom treats Erik's kids like her own grandchildren.  And I would expect nothing less from her.  While I don't expect the same from the twatwaffle of a g'ma that his kids have, I do expect and DEMAND respect for my children.  Since she isn't capable of being a decent human being, she's not permitted in our home until she can clean her *** up.  Last year, she gave britt a candy bar for her birthday.  But wait... she gave ALL of the kids candy bars on Britt's birthday.  Just plain disgusting.

• Yeah, she is a pretty awful, but it is what it is.
    Nicole and Michael~Las Vegas~May 31, 2008
  • I could understand if she didn't have the money, but......

Karma is a ***.

• That's so sad....I can't understand how a grandma could act like that. It definitely makes me thankful for my grandparents (only one grandma left now) and for DH's grandparents who welcomed me with open arms and have always treated me like one of their own.

I'd say I hope she comes around, but at this point there's probably no changing her. 

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• That's very sad. And it makes me really angry that she even goes far enoght to not treat the adopted sisters as they don't belong to the family...WTF?!?!...She is looking into a very lonely and misserable future and she deserves every minute of it.
    image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrs.N.H.:
    That's very sad. And it makes me really angry that she even goes far enoght to not treat the adopted sisters as they don't belong to the family...WTF?!?!...She is looking into a very lonely and misserable future and she deserves every minute of it.
    This! Hugs, what a witch.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• This is just sickening to me.  How horrible. 
    Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"